Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

becoming a police

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ShredTheGnar

becoming a police _
PostSubject: becoming a police   becoming a police EmptySat Aug 23, 2008 4:34 pm

I am 17 years old. I graduate high school next May. For a career, I am considering a job as a police and also be in the Army National Guard. I have never done drugs or ever gotten in trouble at school or arrested. What are some things that would help me become a police sometime soon after high school?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

becoming a police _
PostSubject: Re: becoming a police   becoming a police EmptySat Aug 23, 2008 6:51 pm

The Army National Guard might be a good idea. Any military experience is always a plus for police officer candidates. You could inquire about becoming military police (31B) in the Army National Guard, and receive some good police training and get money for college. You could attend college while you are in the National Guard. You should attend college if at all possible.

The National Guard has a program called College First that guarantees you:
Two years of no federal deployment following completion of Initial Active Duty Training (IADT)
An enlistment bonus of up to $20,000
100% Tuition Assistance
The Montgomery G.I. Bill-Selected Reserve (MGIB-SR) — $309 per month for books and supplies
The MGIB-SR Kicker — additional $350 per month for those enlisting in a critical MOS and assigned to a qualified unit

Some police departments only require applicants to have a high school diploma or GED to be hired, but a college degree will benefit in many ways. In the meantime, continue to stay out of trouble. Try to get the best grades that you can. If you have a job, maintain a reputation as a good employee. If you don't have one, getting a part-time job might be a good idea in order to establish a good work history. Try to stay out of debt. If your not physically fit, get physically fit. Check with your local police department to find out if they offer a ride-along, explorer, or internship program. Research departments that you are interested in by visiting their websites, etc.

Last edited by Admin on Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.peaceofficerjobs.com/
Cop2B

becoming a police _
PostSubject: Re: becoming a police   becoming a police EmptySun Aug 24, 2008 4:03 pm

I have two friends in the National Guard. They both like it.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

becoming a police _
PostSubject: FG   becoming a police EmptyTue Sep 09, 2008 4:20 pm

It is never too early to start preparing Exclamation
Back to top Go down
http://www.peaceofficerjobs.com/
M.M.

becoming a police _
PostSubject: Re: becoming a police   becoming a police EmptySat Oct 18, 2008 11:25 am

You should go to college after high school. College is key!
Back to top Go down
MikeT

becoming a police _
PostSubject: Re: becoming a police   becoming a police EmptyThu Oct 30, 2008 10:21 am

I'm thinking about joining the Air National Guard.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

becoming a police _
PostSubject: Re: becoming a police   becoming a police Empty

Back to top Go down

becoming a police

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-