Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

Being a Police Officer and a Mom

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Michelle

Being a Police Officer and a Mom _
PostSubject: Being a Police Officer and a Mom   Being a Police Officer and a Mom EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 8:08 pm

Is it difficult to be a police officer and a mom Question I really want to be a police officer, but I also want to have children someday. Smile
Back to top Go down
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: Being a Police Officer and a Mom   Being a Police Officer and a Mom EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 10:51 am

I am not a mother, but I know several police officers that are. You can be both a police officer and mom. Go for it!
Back to top Go down
B

PostSubject: Re: Being a Police Officer and a Mom   Being a Police Officer and a Mom EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 10:30 pm

Jenn is right. You should read the book "I Love A Cop: What Police Families Need to Know" by Ellen Kirschman, Ph.D. Below is a description of the book.

Will police work change the person you love? Are police marriages destined to fail? What are the chances of your loved one being killed in the line of duty? Separating fact from myth, Dr. Ellen Kirschman answers these and other critical questions in the first comprehensive self-help book created specifically for today's police families. In information-filled chapters, readers will go behind the scenes with other police families as they discuss the benefits and pitfalls of police work; learn how to manage the effects of organizational stress and the pressures of unpredictable schedules, long hours and loneliness; gain awareness of the emotional, physical, and behavioral warning signs which can lead to such extreme situations as posttraumatic stress, alcoholism, suicide and domestic violence; find out where families can go for help and counseling; and get an inside look at cop couples and the special challenges facing women, minorities, and gays and lesbians on the force.

It is a good book!
Back to top Go down
MaryAnne

PostSubject: Re: Being a Police Officer and a Mom   Being a Police Officer and a Mom EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 10:08 am

I was a police officer before I became a mom. I am happily married, and have 3 kids now! Good luck!
Back to top Go down
JulieR

PostSubject: Re: Being a Police Officer and a Mom   Being a Police Officer and a Mom EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 7:02 pm

Having any career and being a mother at the same time can be challenging sometimes. But that should not stop you Exclamation
Back to top Go down
SassyPoP

PostSubject: Re: Being a Police Officer and a Mom   Being a Police Officer and a Mom EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 9:21 pm

Hey Michelle, you can be a cop, a mom, and... FABULOUS! Wink
Back to top Go down
Peanut

PostSubject: Re: Being a Police Officer and a Mom   Being a Police Officer and a Mom EmptySat Mar 14, 2009 10:58 am

Many police officers are also moms. You can do it if you want to.
Back to top Go down
LisaW28

PostSubject: Re: Being a Police Officer and a Mom   Being a Police Officer and a Mom EmptySun Mar 15, 2009 7:08 am

I can be difficult, but I did it. And I'm glad I did Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Michelle

PostSubject: Re: Being a Police Officer and a Mom   Being a Police Officer and a Mom EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 1:42 pm

Awesome! Thanks everyone!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Being a Police Officer and a Mom   Being a Police Officer and a Mom Empty

Back to top Go down

Being a Police Officer and a Mom

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-