Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

Need Help Getting on the Right Course

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
rsjones2

Need Help Getting on the Right Course _
PostSubject: Need Help Getting on the Right Course   Need Help Getting on the Right Course EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 5:26 pm

Right now i'm currently a juinior in high school, and my goal is to become a police officer. After I graduate high school I plan on joining the navy in the Law Enforcement & Security department. After the navy I want to go to college and get a associates or bachelors degree in criminal justice, but when I was trying to sign up for the ACT online when picking a degree or occupation it did not show criminal justice as an option. Should i just select the "undecided" option, or is there another choice that i can select. Also what are some good colleges in New Mexico (near Albuquerque if possible) to attend for an associates or bachelors degree in criminal justice? My first pick is the New Mexico State Police Department, so i'd figure might as well attend college in New Mexico.
Back to top Go down
Sarge

PostSubject: Re: Need Help Getting on the Right Course   Need Help Getting on the Right Course EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 8:21 am

Joining the Navy will give you great experience. You should consider taking some college classes while in the Navy. You can take classes online.

If criminal justice is not listed as an option when selecting a degree or occupation, try to find something similar (criminology, police technology, administration of justice, law enforcement, etc.). If you can't, you can certainly select "undecided". Be sure to take advantage of the Act test prep guides, practice tests, and test tips. They can really help!

I am not familiar with colleges in New Mexico, but you might want to consider the University of New Mexico. They offer a four year degree in criminology that looks good. National American University is another school that you could consider. They offer a four year degree in criminal justice.

Good luck! Keep us posted.
Back to top Go down
MAtoo

PostSubject: Re: Need Help Getting on the Right Course   Need Help Getting on the Right Course EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 10:24 am

Sounds like a plan! Go NAVY!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need Help Getting on the Right Course   Need Help Getting on the Right Course Empty

Back to top Go down

Need Help Getting on the Right Course

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-