Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

How many misdemeanor arrest are allowed to become a police officer ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SCOTT 38

How many misdemeanor arrest are allowed to become a police officer ? _
PostSubject: How many misdemeanor arrest are allowed to become a police officer ?   How many misdemeanor arrest are allowed to become a police officer ? EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 6:30 pm

I have have owned my own car dealership for nine years and had to go out of business do to the economic problems of this country. I am a college graduate,ex college football player (6'4 235lbs) and having thoughts about becoming a police officer.I have taken the CBAT test and the physical fitness test for my local police academy and passed both test. I got arrested when i was 22 for soliciting prostitution adj withheld, 23 soliciting prostitution adj withheld,24 possesion of pot under 3 grams thrown out of court.I am now 38 and have not been arrested in 14 years.I have been married for ten years and only had a seat belt ticket in those 14 years, my credit score is 830. Am i wasting my time ? thank you.
Back to top Go down
Sarge

PostSubject: Re: How many misdemeanor arrest are allowed to become a police officer ?   How many misdemeanor arrest are allowed to become a police officer ? EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 11:27 am

It could depend largely on whether or not you have done things to be concerned about that you have not been arrested for during the last ten years or so. Your arrests would raise some red flags, but since the last one was 14 years ago, many departments would still consider you. Being a college graduate, having knowledge of the business world, being physically fit, having excellent credit, and having life experience will be to your advantage. Good luck! Keep us posted.
Back to top Go down
AJ

PostSubject: Re: How many misdemeanor arrest are allowed to become a police officer ?   How many misdemeanor arrest are allowed to become a police officer ? EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 1:13 pm

I think you'll be fine.
Back to top Go down
SCOTT38

PostSubject: HOW MANY MISDEMEANOR ARREST ARE ALLOWED TO BE A POLICE OFFICER   How many misdemeanor arrest are allowed to become a police officer ? EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 1:14 pm

SARGE, THANK YOU TAKING TIME AND ANSWERING MY QUESTION,I AM IN THE PROCESS OF GETTING MY ARREST REPORTS AND COURT DISPOSTIONS.I HAVE ALL MY COLLEGE TRANSCRIPTS AND JUST FINISHED FILLING OUT MY PERSONAL HISTORY QUESTIONNAIRE FOR THE POLICE ACADEMY.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How many misdemeanor arrest are allowed to become a police officer ?   How many misdemeanor arrest are allowed to become a police officer ? Empty

Back to top Go down

How many misdemeanor arrest are allowed to become a police officer ?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-