Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

Law Enforcement questions!! Help!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
windy ci

Law Enforcement questions!! Help!! _
PostSubject: Law Enforcement questions!! Help!!   Law Enforcement questions!! Help!! EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 12:38 am

Hi! I have a few questions on Law enforcement before graduating college. I live in Chicago and am expected to graduate in 2011 with my bachelors in law enforcement. I am hitting the gym routinely, no criminal history, no bad credit. So here goes!

1) Would going through rotc during my last two years of school be a good route considering the points you get for that experience and if so wouldn't it be too much going through the advanced military training and then on to police academy after graduation?

2) While researching online for agencies that are currently hiring, all or most of the agencies have either testing for new recruits or currently not accepting applications. Is there a definite answer for when these agencies hire and how secure should I feel finding an LE position after graduation?

Thanks for reading!
Back to top Go down
Sarge

PostSubject: Re: Law Enforcement questions!! Help!!   Law Enforcement questions!! Help!! EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 5:10 pm

Going through ROTC would be a good route if it is something that you think you would enjoy. It wouldn't be too much doing that and then the police academy. Going through ROTC, and doing well can only benefit you. Agencies usually hire when the need arises or when funding is available. Many agencies are constantly seeking qualified applicants, and hire on a regular basis. You should be confident about finding a position. You might have to be willing to relocate. The better candidate you make yourself, the better your chances of finding a job will be. Earn the best grades that you can while in school. There are many things that you can do to better your chances of getting hired with a law enforcement agency. You could also consider trying to do an internship with a law enforcement agency while in school. Good luck! Keep us posted!
Back to top Go down
windy ci

PostSubject: Thanks   Law Enforcement questions!! Help!! EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 8:34 pm

Thanks for the input Sarge. I will keep you guys posted.
Back to top Go down
Lt

PostSubject: Re: Law Enforcement questions!! Help!!   Law Enforcement questions!! Help!! EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 10:55 am

ROTC will help you!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Law Enforcement questions!! Help!!   Law Enforcement questions!! Help!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Law Enforcement questions!! Help!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-