Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

Poor speller being humilited on the job

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
danise

Poor speller being humilited on the job _
PostSubject: Poor speller being humilited on the job   Poor speller being humilited on the job EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 10:54 pm

I am a 3 week old rookie being humiliated by my boss because I have a learning deficit as a poor speller. He makes snide comments in front of all the other officers as well. They have discouraged me from using the spellcheck on the computer stating it will take too long. We were recently given a long list of words and was given a "quiz" which I was not told about. I told them of this deficit before going through the academy. So how do I get them off of my back or what alternatives do I have
Back to top Go down
Peanut

PostSubject: Re: Poor speller being humilited on the job   Poor speller being humilited on the job EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 9:08 pm

You're boss probably shouldn't be joining in the fun. Aside from that, I suggest that you develop thicker skin. Don't let the snide comments bother you. Police are a tough crowd. We have each other's back every time, but are just as quick to make fun of one every chance we get. We have at least 2 officers that I can think of in my department that spell practically every other word wrong. We make fun of them because of it. They are both good police officers even though they can't spell! Also, we all should be using spell check!
Back to top Go down
SD

PostSubject: Re: Poor speller being humilited on the job   Poor speller being humilited on the job EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 10:11 pm

Suck it up!
Back to top Go down
Cap

PostSubject: Spelling   Poor speller being humilited on the job EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 10:12 am

Your boss is making a big mistake and by doing what he/she is doing to you could end up getting them reprimanded, very foolish on their part.
Am also a poor speller but have learned in the last 3 or 4 years that reading does and will improve spelling. Start reading more, pick up books that grab your interest and read, read, read. It should help over time to greatly make you a better speller.
Be happy you were hired by a department and work hard to improve your spelling before you know it you’ll be spelling as good as the ones teasing you! Now I need to work on my grammar!
Good Luck
PS Thank Goodness for spell check!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Poor speller being humilited on the job   Poor speller being humilited on the job Empty

Back to top Go down

Poor speller being humilited on the job

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-