Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

What can I do now to help me become a police officer after high school?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jill

What can I do now to help me become a police officer after high school? _
PostSubject: What can I do now to help me become a police officer after high school?   What can I do now to help me become a police officer after high school? EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 7:02 pm

I am a sophmore in high school and want to become a police officer. What can I do now to prepare myself? I do plan on attending college after high school.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What can I do now to help me become a police officer after high school?   What can I do now to help me become a police officer after high school? EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 9:54 am

You should try to get the best grades that you can. Some classes to focus on would simply be English, Math, Science, and a foreign language. Stay out of trouble and strive to have a good reputation. Maintain a good driving record. Begin to establish some credit history. It doesn't have to be much, but just enough to indicate some financial responsibility. Establish a good work history. If you have a job, be a good employee. Be competent, reliable, responsible, courteous, well groomed, etc. If you don't have a job, it could be a good idea to get one even if it is only one day per week. Be physically fit. Visit the websites of the police agencies that you are interested in.

Last edited by Admin on Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.peaceofficerjobs.com/
Luke

PostSubject: Re: What can I do now to help me become a police officer after high school?   What can I do now to help me become a police officer after high school? EmptyFri Sep 12, 2008 11:41 am

Great advice!! Good luck!!
Back to top Go down
Mike

PostSubject: Re: What can I do now to help me become a police officer after high school?   What can I do now to help me become a police officer after high school? EmptyWed Sep 17, 2008 11:09 pm

You should also see if your local police department offers a explorer, intern, or ride-along program.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What can I do now to help me become a police officer after high school?   What can I do now to help me become a police officer after high school? Empty

Back to top Go down

What can I do now to help me become a police officer after high school?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-