Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

Need some advice.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lastrayden

Need some advice. _
PostSubject: Need some advice.   Need some advice. EmptyTue Apr 28, 2009 11:22 pm

I am looking into becoming a police officer. As of now I live in Minnesota but would like to move to the Denver, co area. I was going to go to school for an AS degree for law enforcement. Then I called a recruiter from the Denver office and asked her a few questions. One question I asked her was about me going to school and she mentioned that in Colorado all you have to have is a high school diploma and when they look at your app. they don't care if you have a degree or not. It doesn't put you any higher on the totum pole. I feel that I will meet their requirments. The only thing is my background check. I am a little worried about that but nobody is perfect. Also in this work is their family and friends of the officers who they look at first when they hire. Just curious. But if I could get some advice for my situation I would appreciate it. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Sarge

Need some advice. _
PostSubject: Re: Need some advice.   Need some advice. EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 3:30 pm

Having a college degree will benefit you! Many police departments do not require you to have college to be hired. But having a degree will benefit you one way or another at some point. Many departments do require college. Many of the departments that don't require college would strongly prefer their candidates and officers to have college. If you can attend college, you should do so. Good luck! Your background doesn't have to be perfect. Certain things could disqualify you. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Jenn

Need some advice. _
PostSubject: Re: Need some advice.   Need some advice. EmptyFri May 01, 2009 10:16 am

Attend college! But if you can get hired by a department first, you might want to do that. But start working toward your degree part-time soon after you begin working. Just make sure you don't give up on your degree. Finish it!
Back to top Go down
GeneK

Need some advice. _
PostSubject: Re: Need some advice.   Need some advice. EmptyFri May 01, 2009 8:46 pm

You could get hired before going to college, but I would go to college first. Either way, good luck!

Gene
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Need some advice. _
PostSubject: Re: Need some advice.   Need some advice. Empty

Back to top Go down

Need some advice.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-