Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

Difference between Police officer I and II

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Difference between Police officer I and II _
PostSubject: Difference between Police officer I and II   Difference between Police officer I and II EmptySat May 02, 2009 5:05 pm

What is the difference between the two? Is Police officer I Working Patrol Division under the guidance of experienced Field Training Officer and what is Police Officer II and how many years? can someone explain the ranks or position of law enforcemnt?
Back to top Go down
CPLJason

PostSubject: Re: Difference between Police officer I and II   Difference between Police officer I and II EmptySun May 03, 2009 3:11 pm

Some departments have Police Officer I, Police Officer II, and Police Officer III levels or classifications. It depends on the department as to exactly what the difference is. But generally, it has to do with experience. Sometimes I is the more experienced, and with some departments, III is the more experienced. Some police departments do not have these levels or classifications. Some departments have only a chief and officers. Some have ranks from patrolman, patrolman first class, corporal, sergeant lieutenant, captain, etc.
Back to top Go down
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: Difference between Police officer I and II   Difference between Police officer I and II EmptyMon May 04, 2009 2:04 pm

One is more experienced than the other, and might require less supervision, and have more responsibilities. It does depend on the department.
Back to top Go down
FiveO

PostSubject: Re: Difference between Police officer I and II   Difference between Police officer I and II EmptyWed May 13, 2009 12:07 pm

That's pretty much it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Difference between Police officer I and II   Difference between Police officer I and II Empty

Back to top Go down

Difference between Police officer I and II

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-