Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

What are my chances to become a police officer

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Joron98

What are my chances to become a police officer _
PostSubject: What are my chances to become a police officer   What are my chances to become a police officer EmptyMon May 04, 2009 9:44 pm

Hi i'm 18 years old and i'm currently in a 2 year courses of police science and i'm considering going to university to get a degree in criminal justice after.
I had a couple a questions considering that I dont have a perfect past.
I've smoked marijuana over 30 times and i drink & drive 3 times.
I wasnt dead drunk when i took the wheel but i still had a couple of beers. These incident happened almost 2 years ago.
I was wondering if this could prevent me from becoming a police officer.

I;ve always been an active guy. I've been implicated in my community by doing volonteer work.

thanks for answering my questions

JO
Back to top Go down
Sarge

PostSubject: Re: What are my chances to become a police officer   What are my chances to become a police officer EmptyTue May 05, 2009 10:02 am

It depends on the department. I know of a couple of police departments that have a requirement that you not have used marijuana more than 25 times during the past 10 years. Your use of marijuana would permanently disqualify you with some departments. With some police departments, you could still qualify in about 5 years. Do the best you can in college, and keep up the volunteer work.
Back to top Go down
Zena

PostSubject: Re: What are my chances to become a police officer   What are my chances to become a police officer EmptyTue May 05, 2009 5:51 pm

Keep a positive attitude. Do well in college. Focus on good grammar skills. Officers spend a lot of time writing reports. You can become an officer after a few years.
Back to top Go down
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: What are my chances to become a police officer   What are my chances to become a police officer EmptyWed May 06, 2009 10:07 am

I personally know officers that have smoked marijuana as many times as you before becoming officers.
Back to top Go down
Peanut

PostSubject: Re: What are my chances to become a police officer   What are my chances to become a police officer EmptyMon May 11, 2009 10:34 pm

Different departments have different standards.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are my chances to become a police officer   What are my chances to become a police officer Empty

Back to top Go down

What are my chances to become a police officer

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-