Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

background question

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

background question _
PostSubject: background question   background question EmptyThu May 07, 2009 1:52 am

I have a question for law enforcement professionals. When I was 14 I was arrested and convicted of taking a motor vehicle however this record has been legally sealed and no record of it exists. I smoked marijuana less than ten times around the same time. I am now in my late 20's and have completed a BA in criminal justice and a Masters degree as well. I have worked for the state for several years now in child protection and have advanced within this position. My question is how to pass the background/polygraph section when I can legally say I have never been convited of a crime but know in fact that I was.
Back to top Go down
Sal

background question _
PostSubject: Re: background question   background question EmptyThu May 07, 2009 10:08 am

You have to be honest about your past. This was a long time ago, and it seems that you have a good resume.
Back to top Go down
SWAT

background question _
PostSubject: Re: background question   background question EmptyFri May 08, 2009 1:58 pm

Maybe you can "legally" say you have never been convicted of a crime, but on police applications and background forms, you are normally asked about crimes that you have committed- not just about the ones you were convicted of.
Back to top Go down
Guest2

background question _
PostSubject: Re: background question   background question EmptyFri May 08, 2009 8:08 pm

If you're not honest, you're likely to get hung up during the poly Laughing
Back to top Go down

background question _
PostSubject: Reply   background question EmptySun May 10, 2009 1:17 pm

The issue is this on the application is states if you were convicted as a juvenile not to list it on the background form by Oregon State Law. And in Oregon there is no polygraph... Not sure what to do???
Back to top Go down
SWAT

background question _
PostSubject: Re: background question   background question EmptyMon May 11, 2009 10:25 am

If it tells you on the application to not list it, then don't. Follow the instructions on any forms you fill out. If the subject comes up, and you are asked why you didn't list your juvenile conviction on this specific form, then you can simply tell them that it stated not to.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

background question _
PostSubject: Re: background question   background question Empty

Back to top Go down

background question

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-