Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

Texas Basic Peace Officer Certification (BPOC) - Austin Community College

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mwe6161

Texas Basic Peace Officer Certification (BPOC) - Austin Community College _
PostSubject: Texas Basic Peace Officer Certification (BPOC) - Austin Community College   Texas Basic Peace Officer Certification (BPOC) - Austin Community College EmptyMon May 18, 2009 11:58 pm

Since I have already received my B.S., I assume that by completeing the BPOC sequence of courses below (and I pass), I will be eligible to take the TCLEOSE exam.

Upon successful completion of the TCLEOSE exam, I assume that I would be eligible for hire with a law enforecment agency here in Texas (depending on availabilibity, position, etc).

CRIJ 1301 Introduction to Criminal Justice 3hrs

CRIJ 1313 Juvenile Justice System 3 hrs

CRIJ 1310 Fundamentals of Criminal Law 3hrs

CRIJ 1306 Court Systems and Practices 3hrs

CRIJ 2323 Legal Aspects of Law Enforcement 3 hrs

CRIJ 2314 Criminal Investigation 3 hrs

CRIJ 2328 Police Systems and Practices 3 hrs

CJLE 2420 Texas Peace Officer Procedures1 4 hrs

CJLE 2421 Texas Peace Officer Law 4 hrs

CJLE 2522 Texas Peace Officer Skills 5hrs

CJLE 2424 Texas Peace Officer Capstone

This equates to 38 college hours ... does this pertain to the 618 hours mandated by The State of Texas? ACC is telling me that upon completion, I will be eligible for law enforcement employment. Any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
CIBOLO C

PostSubject: Texas BPO Certification through TCLEOSE   Texas Basic Peace Officer Certification (BPOC) - Austin Community College EmptyTue May 19, 2009 11:18 pm

It is my understanding that unless you are certified by another state as a peace officer (Already passed their state exam), you cannot challenge the Texas TCLEOSE exam without first attending a TCLEOSE licensed academy. If you are in the academy, then part of the courses you complete can be used as college credit, not the other way around. This is my understanding. For further information, you may want to contact TCLEOSE directly or the Alamo Area Regional Law Enforcement Academy in San Antonio (AACOG Police Academy) for further information. AACOG Police Academy contact number is as follows: 210-362-5291.

Hope this helps and Good Luck!

Cibolo CID
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Texas Basic Peace Officer Certification (BPOC) - Austin Community College   Texas Basic Peace Officer Certification (BPOC) - Austin Community College EmptySun Jul 26, 2009 5:14 am

618 is the number of actual hours you have to spend in academy. So, the Peace Officer program at ACC should account for at least this much time if you add up all the hours you are in class. According to what I've been told by ACC and cops after passing the program you can take TCLEOSE and get your certification.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Texas Basic Peace Officer Certification (BPOC) - Austin Community College   Texas Basic Peace Officer Certification (BPOC) - Austin Community College Empty

Back to top Go down

Texas Basic Peace Officer Certification (BPOC) - Austin Community College

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-