Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

Felonies.........

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Alvin

Felonies......... _
PostSubject: Felonies.........   Felonies......... EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 2:28 am

Im only 15 and I already have two felonies on my record. Its been my dream to become a cop and move to a detective in homicide or narcotics. The two felonies i have is distrubition and aurson. I make really good grades in school i have around a 2.6 GPA and plan to get a degree in criminal justice. Will the two felonies effect my chances of becoming a cop?
Back to top Go down
Jenn

Felonies......... _
PostSubject: Re: Felonies.........   Felonies......... EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 5:35 am

Having two felonies on your record could surely hurt your chances of becoming a police officer. It is not likely that you would be hired as a police officer for a number of years. The two charges you mention are serious!
Back to top Go down
Lt

Felonies......... _
PostSubject: Re: Felonies.........   Felonies......... EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 12:41 pm

You would not be able to become a police officer with my department.
Back to top Go down
Alvin

Felonies......... _
PostSubject: So it doesnt matter   Felonies......... EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 5:25 pm

that i was 15 when I got charged with those felonies and if i stayed clean for the rest of my life and plus since imm going to college I would apply when im around 22 or 23 that wouldn't make a difference?
Back to top Go down
Sarge

Felonies......... _
PostSubject: Re: Felonies.........   Felonies......... EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 2:52 am

Stay clean, be a model citizen, earn a four year degree, and consider joining the military. I would wait ten years, and then apply. You can turn yourself around!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Felonies......... _
PostSubject: Re: Felonies.........   Felonies......... Empty

Back to top Go down

Felonies.........

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-