Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

scared my chances will be slim to none

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
anonymou

scared my chances will be slim to none _
PostSubject: scared my chances will be slim to none   scared my chances will be slim to none EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 7:20 pm

I am striving to be a homicide detective. I have my associates degree and want to pursue my bachelors in criminal justice. I have one problem though. I was addicted to roxys after i was in a car accident and was prescribed them through my dr. i ended up getting addicted to them and couldn't get off them for about 3 years. i've been clean now for two years. I also smoked alot of marijuana. when i say alot i mean i had been smoking for at least 10 years since i was 15. i'm 28 now and i want to get my life together and become a homicide dectective. i know i'm smart enough and capable but i'm afraid my past would come out to haunt me if i tried to apply. what should i do? am i wasting my time pining for this dream? that's all i talk about and i would be so heartbroken if i couldn't do it.
Back to top Go down
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: scared my chances will be slim to none   scared my chances will be slim to none EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 12:12 pm

Your chances would probably be slim to none anytime soon. Stay clean and finish your degree. Due your past use of drugs, you would be disqualified by some departments, but in time, a number of years, you could still get hired by some departments. Becoming a homicide detective is usually not easy. You usually have to be a good police officer, and there is often much competition.
Back to top Go down
anonymou

PostSubject: Re: scared my chances will be slim to none   scared my chances will be slim to none EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 11:06 pm

thanks for being honest. maybe by age 40 i can do something. i really want to one day become a homicide detective. i love watching that homicide program on A&E it makes me want to do it more and more. i love problem solving. thanks again for the honest opinion. i wish i could change my past, but all i can do is look towards the future with my eye on the prize.
Back to top Go down
Lt

PostSubject: Re: scared my chances will be slim to none   scared my chances will be slim to none EmptySat Jun 13, 2009 2:22 pm

My department would not hire you due to your past drug use. It would be considered too extensive.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: scared my chances will be slim to none   scared my chances will be slim to none Empty

Back to top Go down

scared my chances will be slim to none

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-