Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

felony in Illinois

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jonnnny

felony in Illinois _
PostSubject: felony in Illinois   felony in Illinois EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 8:02 pm

Hello my name is jonathan im 23 and live in berwyn il..... i caugt a class 4 felony when i was 20 it was criminal damage to property.... i really want to become a police officer ...i have an AAS degree in law enforcement and want to continue to get my BA should i continue or am i wasting my time?? If i can get this felony out of my record how would i go about getting it done? any info would help.... thank you very much
Back to top Go down
Will

felony in Illinois _
PostSubject: Re: felony in Illinois   felony in Illinois EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 11:44 am

If you were convicted of a felony, I think it would be nearly impossible to become a police officer. If you can have the felony removed from your record, you might have a chance. You should seek the advice of an attorney for that. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
AJ2

felony in Illinois _
PostSubject: Re: felony in Illinois   felony in Illinois EmptyThu Jul 02, 2009 10:53 am

Generally speaking, you can't be a police officer with a felony conviction. You should definitely continue your education. Maybe think about getting your BA in another subject area. This is sometimes a good idea anyway. You already have 2 years of law enforcement studies. Maybe get your BA in something else that you are interested in just in case. Either way, continue your education Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Lt

felony in Illinois _
PostSubject: Re: felony in Illinois   felony in Illinois EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 12:49 am

I would also suggest choosing another major.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

felony in Illinois _
PostSubject: Re: felony in Illinois   felony in Illinois Empty

Back to top Go down

felony in Illinois

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-