Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

DUI felony

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jf

DUI felony _
PostSubject: DUI felony   DUI felony EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 12:34 pm

I am a former Marine who served our country in Iraq and served as Sgt for a year. While in the military, I received many medals for my work in Iraq. A letter was even sent to my father from a General commending him on what a “fine son” he had. The military was my life and I was truly great at it.

When I returned, I was involved in an accident where I was drinking and driving, my wife, my passenger at the time of the accident, was killed. Although her family did not press charges due to all the circumstances that surrounded the accident, the state did. I was convicted of a felony on an aggravated DUI charged. I served no time but lost my license for 5 years and am on probation for 5 years well. It’s been 3 years since I was convicted by nearly 5 since the accident happened. Since my conviction, I have been more than stellar with my sentence. I receive very high remarks from my probation officer and have done everything by the book.

Being in the military or some sort of law enforcement is truly my dream and my passion. It is really what I was made and born to do. I am now stuck at a post office selling stamps. I am miserable every day I wake up knowing I have to walk into a job where my heart is not. I have an Associates in business management and am currently taking law enforcement classes for the simple fact that I enjoy them.

My question is, what are my chances to ever work in law enforcement? If I can’t work in law enforcement, does anyone have any tips on what I could do that might help me fulfill he need to serve and protect? Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Sarge

DUI felony _
PostSubject: Re: DUI felony   DUI felony EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 4:54 pm

If you have been convicted of a felony, you can't become a law enforcement officer. If your conviction is expunged or set aside, or if you receive a pardon, you might have a chance at becoming a law enforcement officer.
Back to top Go down
Will

DUI felony _
PostSubject: Re: DUI felony   DUI felony EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 8:24 pm

Find an attorney, and like Sarge wrote, try to have your conviction removed from your record.
Back to top Go down
SWG

DUI felony _
PostSubject: Re: DUI felony   DUI felony EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 10:57 am

If you can't become a law enforcement officer, there are some good security related jobs out there. What about becoming a firefighter Question
Back to top Go down
Vet826

DUI felony _
PostSubject: PLease   DUI felony EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 10:15 am

Atleast you have a job my friend. I am a vet who had a felony theft charge 28 years ago and am unemployed. I earned a BS and an MBA and still nothing!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

DUI felony _
PostSubject: Re: DUI felony   DUI felony Empty

Back to top Go down

DUI felony

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-