Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

Am I able to become a Police Officer?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ali

Am I able to become a Police Officer? _
PostSubject: Am I able to become a Police Officer?   Am I able to become a Police Officer? EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 5:32 pm

Hi guys, I just have a few questions I want to get out of me. I really want a good future, just like the rest of us. Razz

I'm 16 years old, turning 17 on March 26, still a long way to go. I was thinking of becoming a police officer when I was 15. I love helping people, i like being that one guy who stands out from a crowd. I love cars, and doing things for the community and getting rewarded for that. Though I do need some help if this is the right choice for me.

Im struggling on what to pick for my high school classes, I don't know if I am able to become a cop or not, so Im going to try to get everything out about me and see if you guys could help me choose.

Again, I'm 16, still in high school and achieving on. I am getting good grades. I have a job at mcdonalds, and achieving by alot. I've been there for 6 months and have had rewarden "Crew member of the Month" and a few people there working over a year haven't achieved that. My boss loves me, everytime they need me to come in, I do it. I've only been late once for misreading my schedule. I am excellent with computers and typing with a great speed. My English is very fluent. My other language is Arabic, I am not fluent in it and I can't speak it that well but I am excellent at understanding it.

Im not sure what to take in school to become a cop, though one course I did take is law 12 and my counseler suggested it to people who are going into law enforcment.
I do not have any language courses at school being taken, Personally I don't think they're right for me. I have never been in trouble by the law, I have never done any drugs, drinking, you name it. to be more specific, I have never been to a party in that matter.

I can't drive yet, though I have a good feeling I will be a great driver Razz I play alot of car games and family members tell me I am great at steering. I know it sounds a bit weird, but it should count for the least bit :p

I weigh about 135 pounds, I can run pretty fast and I am good at sports. I haven't joined a sport team though because we're having economic issues, and this has been happening through out my life. I do have small "man breasts" I don't know if they would affect me or not. I tried working out but I just don't see any change so I stopped. I though when I did quit though that I would do great in life without getting ripped.

So thats my backround. Im not too confident about the man breast part, I am very worried it would effect me. I forget to mention, I am NOT lazy, when I am asked to do something, I go on the job ASAP.

So what do I need to work on to become a police officer, and how am I doing so far? I am willing to answer any questions for you to proceed in helping me.

Thanks to everyone who does help, I appreciate it alot.

Ali~
Back to top Go down
Ali.

PostSubject: Re: Am I able to become a Police Officer?   Am I able to become a Police Officer? EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 5:39 pm

Sorry I had a typo at that though part. Meant to say, "I think I would achieve the same without getting ripped"
Back to top Go down
Randy

PostSubject: Re: Am I able to become a Police Officer?   Am I able to become a Police Officer? EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 10:43 am

You are young, and should be able to become a police officer if you truly want to. Don't worry so much about what classes to take in high school. Take courses that you might enjoy, and do the bets you can in them. That won't matter too much if you graduate college. Hopefully you plan on attending college! Focus on writing skills. Also, it would be great for you to improve your understanding of Arabic even more. You should get a driver's license as soon as possible. Keep up the good work at your job. Continue to stay out of trouble. Do some research on diet and exercise. Both are important!
Back to top Go down
Adam

PostSubject: Re: Am I able to become a Police Officer?   Am I able to become a Police Officer? EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 11:12 pm

hi ali,
to the best of my knowledge,
you're doing pretty well..
i noticed your repuatation in
McDonald's and that would be
of great asset to you in applying
to become a police officer.
just keep up the good work.
taking law12 was a great choice.
but i think that taking psychology
and another language (like spanish
if you're in the US or french if you're
in canada) would be truly beneficial.
you'd get some insights on what
you'd be taking in college/university.
other than that, my only concern is
your physical fitness.
although you're young, you might
want to start working out lightly,
just to see or get used to what if feels like
because once you join the force, you'd
be doing vigorous work out routines daily.
a solution to that would be taking
P.E. or Leadership12 if your school
offers those classes.
hope that helps.
Back to top Go down
Ali

PostSubject: Re: Am I able to become a Police Officer?   Am I able to become a Police Officer? EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 10:37 pm

thanks for the replies guys, I appreciate them.

I will work on my fitness and think about taking another language ^_^
Back to top Go down
Ray2

PostSubject: Re: Am I able to become a Police Officer?   Am I able to become a Police Officer? EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 3:35 pm

Good luck Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Am I able to become a Police Officer?   Am I able to become a Police Officer? Empty

Back to top Go down

Am I able to become a Police Officer?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-