Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

Other than Honorable Discharge!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DVSMP

Other than Honorable Discharge! _
PostSubject: Other than Honorable Discharge!   Other than Honorable Discharge! EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 8:03 pm

Alright guys ill be straight forward. I have nothing to hide everyone makes mistakes. 2 years ago I received an Other than Honorable from the Marine corps. it was for a pattern of misconduct... Nothing criminal just being a young immature idiot basically. There is nothing I want more than to become a Police officer. I am willing to go to any extreme and do anything I need to. I just need a place to start if there is even a place to start... Other than that OTH my record is clean. any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
Sarge

PostSubject: Re: Other than Honorable Discharge!   Other than Honorable Discharge! EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 10:46 pm

It might be possible. However, I don't know of any departments that would hire you with a discharge other than Honorable.
Back to top Go down
Jetsome

PostSubject: Re: Other than Honorable Discharge!   Other than Honorable Discharge! EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 9:30 pm

My department requires an honorable discharge. Contact an attorney and see if you can get your discharge upgraded.
Back to top Go down
Odom8485

PostSubject: Re: Other than Honorable Discharge!   Other than Honorable Discharge! EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 7:44 am

You should be able to change your "other than honorable" after 90 days I believe, its the straight "dishonorable" that becomes a problem.
Back to top Go down
DVSMP

PostSubject: Re: Other than Honorable Discharge!   Other than Honorable Discharge! EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 3:04 pm

no the automatic upgrade is just a myth... Thanks for the info anyway... Im in the process of speaking to an attorney now.
Back to top Go down
Lt

PostSubject: Re: Other than Honorable Discharge!   Other than Honorable Discharge! EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 12:35 pm

My will not hire anyone unless their discharge was honorable.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Other than Honorable Discharge!   Other than Honorable Discharge! Empty

Back to top Go down

Other than Honorable Discharge!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-