Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

could i still become a police officer?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

could i still become a police officer? _
PostSubject: could i still become a police officer?   could i still become a police officer? EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 9:11 pm

I am currently 19 years old looking to be a police officer and going to college to get a degree. When I was 15 i got charged with 2 misdemeanors ( both criminal mischief in the 2nd) but I got the expunged from my record. But I also understand that the department still might be able to see it. I am wondering if this could stop me from becoming a police officer. If you could give me any advice it would be very helpful.
Thanks
Back to top Go down
Sarge

PostSubject: Re: could i still become a police officer?   could i still become a police officer? EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 11:05 pm

You will still have to list your charges on your application or background investigation paperwork. It is better that the charges have been expunged. The incident or incidents could stop you from becoming a police officer, but they likely will not automatically disqualify you. It depends on the department. Based on what you wrote, you could probably become a police officer eventually.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: could i still become a police officer?   could i still become a police officer? EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 10:54 am

I AGREE WITH SARGE!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: could i still become a police officer?   could i still become a police officer? Empty

Back to top Go down

could i still become a police officer?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-