Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

How bad will this affect my chances of becoming a cop?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

How bad will this affect my chances of becoming a cop? _
PostSubject: How bad will this affect my chances of becoming a cop?   How bad will this affect my chances of becoming a cop? EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 5:51 am

Okay im 17 and gonna be a senior in high school. My sophomore year of high school I smoked marijuana twice. Since then I never touched it. I occasionally do some underage drinking but as far as illegal thats just about it. I have no criminal record and a perfect driving record. Next year I plan on going to a community college for two years then transferring to a university to get my bachelors degree in criminal justice.

Oh yeah and a couple of my friends I have smoke pot I was wondering if that would be a problem too because I heard they ask that on the polygraph.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Sarge

PostSubject: Re: How bad will this affect my chances of becoming a cop?   How bad will this affect my chances of becoming a cop? EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 11:00 pm

It would be better if you've never smoked marijuana. However, twice during your sophmore year of high school probably won't hurt your chances too much five years down the road. You should stop underage drinking. It will be more you have to worry about during your background investigation. Getting a bachelors degree is a great idea. It could be one of the best things you do for your career! You do have to be careful of the company you keep! Good luck!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How bad will this affect my chances of becoming a cop?   How bad will this affect my chances of becoming a cop? EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 10:53 am

THE LESS YOU HAVE TO ANSWER FOR THE BETTER OFF YOU'LL BE BUT I KNOW LOTS OF OFFICERS THAT SMOKED MORE THAN THAT WHEN THEY WERE YOUNG!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How bad will this affect my chances of becoming a cop?   How bad will this affect my chances of becoming a cop? Empty

Back to top Go down

How bad will this affect my chances of becoming a cop?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-