Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

Please read.. Trying to Join NYs Finest.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tkay

Please read.. Trying to Join NYs Finest. _
PostSubject: Please read.. Trying to Join NYs Finest.   Please read.. Trying to Join NYs Finest. EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 10:40 pm

I’m 24 and I’m going to the Navy in few weeks for 2 years and well be serving the rest as a reserve in NY. I always wanted to join the NYPD but I wasn't legal, and now I am but I know you have to be a citizen to join the Finest. Last year I was arrested for dwi or dui(no drugs) and still fighting the case, I was suppose to be already in the navy but got discharged because of that arrest. My recruiter told me I can sign back in after a year prior to the arrest and made my choice to take my chances back in the navy because I can't picture myself doing anything else, it has been my dream ever since J.H. I had a nice job at the bank but that just wasn’t me. So here is thing, I’m giving up everything here in NY, and shipping out soon right after my Court is finishes and well be applying to the NYPD after that 2 years in the Navy, I might get an misdemeanor for that dwi or dui and I had few parking tickets and 2 speeding, one in jersey and one in NY, Had like 2 other arrest for fighting when I was a lot younger but one got dismissed and the other I got a disorderly conduct. I’m going to be taking some college in the military, Truthfully the only reason I’m going to the Navy is so that I will have a better chance to get hired, and don’t know if you can tell or not but I'm really putting my heart in to this, And I would really appreciated if anyone can tell me, what and how I can better my chances, Cause I’m not going to be young forever and I’m already behind.. And I really want this.
I see that some Officers are kind enough to take their time and answer questions here, I would really appreciated if you guys can give me some good advises.
Back to top Go down
Sarge

PostSubject: Re: Please read.. Trying to Join NYs Finest.   Please read.. Trying to Join NYs Finest. EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 2:40 pm

Keep an excellent record while in the Navy. Regardless of your reasons for joining the Navy, serve the best you can! Consider staying active for 4 years. You are still plenty young enough to not worry about your age! With a bit of luck, and a lot of effort, you could earn an associates degree while in the Navy (online courses are great). Focus on your writing/grammar skills. Officers write, and write, and write! Also, find out if you can have any criminal record you have expunged. That never hurts. Obviously, don't get in any more tickets, and stay out of trouble! Become a citizen. Try to be patient!
Back to top Go down
Carlos

PostSubject: Re: Please read.. Trying to Join NYs Finest.   Please read.. Trying to Join NYs Finest. EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 12:23 pm

That's right. Even if you got to wait some more years before getting the job, don't give up Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Please read.. Trying to Join NYs Finest.   Please read.. Trying to Join NYs Finest. Empty

Back to top Go down

Please read.. Trying to Join NYs Finest.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-