Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

If i go to college will it be easier to become a police?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dan

If i go to college will it be easier to become a police? _
PostSubject: If i go to college will it be easier to become a police?   If i go to college will it be easier to become a police? EmptySun Sep 21, 2008 12:54 am

Hi im Dan and im a junior in high school and i was wondering if it was easier to become a police officer if i went to college. I do get in trouble in school Smile but i never got a ticket, Or do drugs, and never got arrested. I also do Ok in school. And last question. If it was easier to go to college to become a police officer what will i have to major in???
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: If i go to college will it be easier to become a police?   If i go to college will it be easier to become a police? EmptyMon Sep 22, 2008 4:10 pm

Hi Dan. Welcome! It would certainly benefit you if you attend college and earn a degree. You should attend as much college as possible. Some police departments only require their officers to have a high school diploma or GED, some police departments require their officers to have two year degree or equivalent, and some police departments require their officers to have a four year degree or equivalent. Even if a department only requires a high school diploma or GED, you will have a better chance of being selected if you have a degree. Now is your chance. You have to stop getting in trouble in school, and don't do anything that you would not want a background investigator to find out about. You should choose a college major that you are interested in and that would also be useful for police work. Some examples are criminal justice, psychology, accounting, or computer science. There are many things that you can do to increase your chances of becoming a police officer.

Last edited by Admin on Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.peaceofficerjobs.com/
Wiseguy

PostSubject: Re: If i go to college will it be easier to become a police?   If i go to college will it be easier to become a police? EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 9:49 am

Dude,

It is easier to get any job if you have a degree. My cousin is a cop. He got a degree, and then got hired by another department, and started earning almost double the money he was being paid from his first department.
Back to top Go down
JulieR

PostSubject: Re: If i go to college will it be easier to become a police?   If i go to college will it be easier to become a police? EmptySat Sep 27, 2008 1:20 am

That's right. A degree is very important. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If i go to college will it be easier to become a police?   If i go to college will it be easier to become a police? Empty

Back to top Go down

If i go to college will it be easier to become a police?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-