Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

Chances to become a Police Officer

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Chances to become a Police Officer _
PostSubject: Chances to become a Police Officer   Chances to become a Police Officer EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 6:53 am

Hello, I was wondering what my chances are to become a Police Officer. I am still in the Military, (the Army), and will have just under 9 years when I get back from Iraq, (this is my 4th deployment). I have a little over a year left to get my associates' degree, and may pursue my bachelors' as well. I am in excellent physical condition, and have high moral standards as an NCO. I have one minor traffic violation, from 10 years ago, other than that my records are clean. My concern is that before the Army, I smoked pot a number of times, and a few years back, experimented with shrooms. I regret that every day. Would I be disqualified for experimenting with a drug like that? I'm curious. It would be another year at least before I would consider applying anywhere, as I want to finish up my degree first. I appreciate any responses! Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: Chances to become a Police Officer   Chances to become a Police Officer EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 11:29 am

Some departments would still hire you (maybe in a couple years).
Back to top Go down
Lt

PostSubject: Re: Chances to become a Police Officer   Chances to become a Police Officer EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 12:32 pm

Some departments might still consider you. My department would not.
Back to top Go down
Ken

PostSubject: Re: Chances to become a Police Officer   Chances to become a Police Officer EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 2:19 pm

At this point, the shrooms are the only thing that could hold you back. Finish a bachelors' degree, and apply. There are definitely officers out there that have experimented with drugs such as shrooms before becoming officers Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chances to become a Police Officer   Chances to become a Police Officer Empty

Back to top Go down

Chances to become a Police Officer

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-