Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

May be convicted.. please help.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
baki

May be convicted.. please help. _
PostSubject: May be convicted.. please help.   May be convicted.. please help. EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 1:04 am

I am located in California and before I tell you about my dilemma, I should tell you my background to give you a better idea of where i come from. I'll be 25 next month, in security alone i have both apprehended and assisted in the apprehensions of over 85 suspects. I have been in the investigative field for over 2 years of private investigations in cases mostly dealing with workers compensation and insurance fraud. Now for about a year and a half, I have been working as a bail enforcement agent conducting the skip tracing and apprehensions of suspects whom have skipped on their bail bond contract in order to evade court. In which, I have conducted in the investigations and apprehensions of over 200 suspects as a private citizen. Not to long ago I entered a residence to conduct a legal apprehension of a wanted suspect and because I did not physically apprehend anyone, the owners of that residence decided to press charges against me. As a private citizen, I do not have the amount of liability as a police officer might have. Now, as I am currently going to school to acquire a degree in criminal justice. It has been my dream to become a professional investigator for either a department or federal agency and because of a 'court defined break' simply as pushing open a door, I may be prosecuted for several misdemeanors for attempting to conduct a legal act. I have never experimented with any type of drug or controlled substance and neither do I have any priors as well. In your opinion, will this effect my future? I am very concerned and do not want to be looked at as a criminal for trying to do something lawful, especially when it comes to a background employment check for a government agency.

Please reply, I appreciate your time.

Last edited by baki on Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:29 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : removed a word)
Back to top Go down
T

PostSubject: Re: May be convicted.. please help.   May be convicted.. please help. EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 11:57 am

It certainly could. It might not but it could. Get an attorney!
Back to top Go down
CA71

PostSubject: Re: May be convicted.. please help.   May be convicted.. please help. EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 6:38 pm

If you are convicted of several misdemeanors, it WILL affect y our future and your chances of getting a job as a police officer!
Back to top Go down
Dee

PostSubject: Re: May be convicted.. please help.   May be convicted.. please help. EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 12:18 pm

It seems that there's more to the story!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: May be convicted.. please help.   May be convicted.. please help. Empty

Back to top Go down

May be convicted.. please help.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-