Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

Am I elgible to be hired?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jdwilk1018

Am I elgible to be hired? _
PostSubject: Am I elgible to be hired?   Am I elgible to be hired? EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 8:44 pm

I am currently attending IUPUI in Indianapolis, Indiana for a computer science degree. However, I have realized for a while that I would love to be able to be a police officer but I wasn't sure if I would be an eligible candidate or not. The Indianapolis Police Department is currently accepting applications and they don't require any kind of degree, just a diploma or GED. I had excellent grades in high school, but I have not done so well in college. I really feel college isn't for me because I have to really work hard to get good grades. I love working and am a hard worker, but I struggle with school. I didn't know if my college background would have an effect on me getting hired.
Also, when I was 16, I received a misdemeanor for possession of a firearm. I will be 21 in 20 days, and wasn't sure if this conviction would hinder my acceptance either. I am basically wondering if I would have a chance of getting hired into I.M.P.D with my college background and my misdemeanor.
Thanks
Back to top Go down
Jesse

Am I elgible to be hired? _
PostSubject: Re: Am I elgible to be hired?   Am I elgible to be hired? EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 6:10 pm

You could get hired. I'd stick with college though. Even if you don't have excellent grades, having a degree is still a big plus. There's nothing wrong with working hard!
Back to top Go down

Am I elgible to be hired?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-