Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

Will my past drug use prevent me from becoming a cop?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
snowboarder107

Will my past drug use prevent me from becoming a cop? _
PostSubject: Will my past drug use prevent me from becoming a cop?   Will my past drug use prevent me from becoming a cop? EmptySat Oct 03, 2009 6:41 pm

I smoked pot about 35 times my senior year of high school and I took one hydrocodone. By the time I join the academy I will have been clean for 4 years. Will I still be able to get accepted to a police academy or hired? Thanks for the help.
Back to top Go down
Wes

PostSubject: Re: Will my past drug use prevent me from becoming a cop?   Will my past drug use prevent me from becoming a cop? EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 3:49 am

It depends on the dept. A lot of depts. would still consider you.
Back to top Go down
Sarge

PostSubject: Re: Will my past drug use prevent me from becoming a cop?   Will my past drug use prevent me from becoming a cop? EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 11:06 am

A Wes wrote, it depends on the department. Many departments would still give you a chance based on what you wrote. Some departments that I know of would not consider you because of the number of times you have used marijuana.
Back to top Go down
Lt

PostSubject: Re: Will my past drug use prevent me from becoming a cop?   Will my past drug use prevent me from becoming a cop? EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 11:43 am

My department would not hire you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will my past drug use prevent me from becoming a cop?   Will my past drug use prevent me from becoming a cop? Empty

Back to top Go down

Will my past drug use prevent me from becoming a cop?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-