Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

Past theft

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Past theft _
PostSubject: Past theft   Past theft EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 5:30 pm

About 2 years ago a friend of mine was working at best buy as a cashier. I had originally plan to purchase a video game for 35 dollars and ear phones worth 30 dollars. Anyway, I got to the check out, he only charged me for the ear phones and not the video game. I walked out and realized i was not charged for the game. In any event it was theft, I have not stolen anything else. I was never caught or charged to the crime. What are my chances if i reapply to the police force? i was turned down last year. How long should i wait to reapply? I have no prior criminal convictions or charges.
Back to top Go down
Sarge

Past theft _
PostSubject: Re: Past theft   Past theft EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 11:04 am

How old you were when this happened would be considered. I would suggest waiting at least five years from the date of this incident. If you've stolen other things, but were never caught, and you have to take a polygraph test, you might still have a difficult time getting hired. Your chances depend on several factors. If you are going to reapply with the same department that you were turned down by, just call your recruiter or background investigator, and ask them.
Back to top Go down
TY

Past theft _
PostSubject: Re: Past theft   Past theft EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 7:17 pm

I think you'll be fine in a few years Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Past theft _
PostSubject: Re: Past theft   Past theft Empty

Back to top Go down

Past theft

View previous topic View next topic Back to top