Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

Does stealing disqualify me from being a cop.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
new

Does stealing disqualify me from being a cop. _
PostSubject: Does stealing disqualify me from being a cop.   Does stealing disqualify me from being a cop. EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 9:30 pm

OK so when I was like 19 I got stupid and stole a camera from my work, it was worth about $500.00 I felt so bad I took it back the very next day, but I DID get caught and was fired. However the cops where never involved [as far as I know] I was not convicted, not arrested, never went to cort or even talked to the police.......

five years have past and I want to be a cop, I made a mistake 5 years ago and have felt bad ever since. If there is no hope then I wont wast my time or money with police academy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Does stealing disqualify me from being a cop.   Does stealing disqualify me from being a cop. EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 10:06 am

This incident would raise some eyebrows for sure. If the camera is the only thing that you have stolen, yYou might have a better chance trying to get hired by a department that requires you pass a poly. You would still have a chance with a lot of departments. Did you get caught before or after you brought the camera back?
Back to top Go down
its me a

PostSubject: Re: Does stealing disqualify me from being a cop.   Does stealing disqualify me from being a cop. EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 9:22 pm

well they knew it went missing and watched their security cameras, I think they knew before I brought it back but I wasn't confronted until after.

it WAS 5 years ago and my record is squeaky clean, [I don't even get a ticket's] I have a very hard time believing that everyone in the police force has NEVER done anything like that I mean come on they would have to give me a chance.

I have been employed ever since and never took a dime from anyone anywhere after that, that has to count for something.
Back to top Go down
Neil

PostSubject: Re: Does stealing disqualify me from being a cop.   Does stealing disqualify me from being a cop. EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 4:19 pm

You probably still have a decent shot.
Back to top Go down
ScottNYC

PostSubject: Answer   Does stealing disqualify me from being a cop. EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 1:43 am

every department has different policies for disqualification but I know the NYPD disqualifies for petty larceny (theft < $1000) and domestic violence charges. I would check with the department in which you want to apply
Back to top Go down
Aaron47

PostSubject: Re: Does stealing disqualify me from being a cop.   Does stealing disqualify me from being a cop. EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 6:48 am

It might not, but it should!!!!
Back to top Go down
APOsanti

PostSubject: Stealing money   Does stealing disqualify me from being a cop. EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 10:15 am

If the cops were not involved and you weren't charged for petit larceny, but then you were fired because of that incident, you CAN still be a cop, but if within the process they dicover that you wasn't honest then you'll get disqualified for lying, but don't worry hope is there. If you get disqualified for that appeal it and get the BEST and cheap psychologist lawer Mr. Jerold E Levine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does stealing disqualify me from being a cop.   Does stealing disqualify me from being a cop. Empty

Back to top Go down

Does stealing disqualify me from being a cop.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-