Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

Becoming a cop

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Greiga

Becoming a cop _
PostSubject: Becoming a cop   Becoming a cop EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 11:15 pm

Hello.

I am 22 years old. I am a U.S. Citizen I am 5'9 hispanic background. 190 Lbs(i know I gotta get that weight down). felonies? none. theft? none convicted. ( i did steal once but i never went back and wasn't caught, am I ashamed of it, absolutely.). I only had one traffic violation about 3 years ago and a car accident about 3 years ago as well.I beleive i don't have a perfect credit score. I quit without an advanced notice on my last job. I had a C average in school (exellent attendance) I am currently In Mexico (been here for 2 weeks already) and I came to try out the family business. I am not liking it though, so I been looking back at being a police officer. Its been on my mind for quite a while already and its time I ask people that are in the force what my options are, and what I should do.

I have always ben the defender type of person I have always stood up for my coworkers when they didnt have the courage( and sometimes the language ) to stand up to the higher uppers. That was part of the reason why I quit on the spot on my last job, although I always fought for them they would never try to do anything for themselves or for eachother.

I have always looked up to the men and women in blue and its time I make this not just a thought, but a reality. I want to be part of law enforcement. I want to protect and serve the community in which I've lived and loved (los angeles) I am willing to give up the job I currently have with my family (which easily makes over 10 grand USD.) for an opportunity to be in law enforcements.

So please discuss this with me. Ask me anything you guys think I might have missed or needs explaining.I am an open book right now as long as I receive the knowledge I need back.

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Jenn

Becoming a cop _
PostSubject: Re: Becoming a cop   Becoming a cop EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 1:21 am

How long ago did you steal? Do you have any college? You could be a good candidate.
Back to top Go down
Greiga

Becoming a cop _
PostSubject: Re: Becoming a cop   Becoming a cop EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 2:20 pm

It was about 2 months ago?

I went to trade school 2 times but i didn't finish either course. Besides those 2 times I don't have any other education other than H.S.

Oh yeah completely drug free, rarely drink, dont smoke.
Back to top Go down
Greiga

Becoming a cop _
PostSubject: Re: Becoming a cop   Becoming a cop EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 2:25 pm

Oh yeah and I'm ashamed to admit it but it was some type of underwear i took.
Back to top Go down
Jenn

Becoming a cop _
PostSubject: Re: Becoming a cop   Becoming a cop EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 3:17 pm

If everything you say is true, you could probably find a job, but not soon probably due to you having stolen something only 2 months ago Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Greiga

Becoming a cop _
PostSubject: Re: Becoming a cop   Becoming a cop EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 2:13 am

yeah I thought that could hold me back a bit as well.

man what the heck happened to me that day.Registered now for further future questions or anything that may pop up.
Back to top Go down
TM

Becoming a cop _
PostSubject: Re: Becoming a cop   Becoming a cop EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 4:34 pm

Think positive, let some time pass, and improve your resume Smile
Back to top Go down
Greiga

Becoming a cop _
PostSubject: Re: Becoming a cop   Becoming a cop EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 9:38 pm

yeah thx TM I'll do that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content