Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

My criminal record

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Afakiri

My criminal record _
PostSubject: My criminal record   My criminal record EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 5:59 am

Hi,

I am 19 years old and ever since graduating high school I have been trying to become a police officer and then become some type of agent. I am
currently attending the university of Phoenix for criminal justice. Also I have been talking to an air force recruiter to join and do security forces for experience but when I was 17 I got caught stealing from a store and was charged for 2nd degree burglary. It was dismissed but after I completed a class, community service hours, and probation. But the air force recruiter is telling me that I will be disqualified for the security forces job because of that incident even though it was dismissed, the recruiter is telling me that the FBI does a background check and they will see it and will automatically disqualify me for the security forces job. Is there anything I can do about that incident? Because I really want to join the air force for experience as security force.
Back to top Go down
ROB

My criminal record _
PostSubject: Re: My criminal record   My criminal record EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 5:25 pm

I haven't been in the military, but I would assume your recruiter is correct. It couldn't hurt to talk to a different Air Force recruiter from another office. Also try the Army. I think that even if you can't join as an MP or the like, that you should still think about joining. I know military experience always helps people get jobs (including police jobs)!
Back to top Go down
Afakiri

My criminal record _
PostSubject: Re: My criminal record   My criminal record EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 6:19 pm

I don't want to join the army because if I get deployed the maximum is 13 months. The air force is maximum deployment for 6 months. Anyways I want to join any military branch for a law enforcement job like security forces or MP. Is there anything I can do about my record even though everything is dismissed?
Back to top Go down
Jenn

My criminal record _
PostSubject: Re: My criminal record   My criminal record EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 12:02 am

Dismissed is about as good as it gets. Regardless of the outcome, an investigator working for the Air Force would be able to find that you were charged.
Back to top Go down
ROB

My criminal record _
PostSubject: Re: My criminal record   My criminal record EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 1:06 am

Jenn is correct!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My criminal record _
PostSubject: Re: My criminal record   My criminal record Empty

Back to top Go down

My criminal record

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-