Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

My parents are having second thoughts about me becoming a law inforcer.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
carlac03

My parents are having second thoughts about me becoming a law inforcer. _
PostSubject: My parents are having second thoughts about me becoming a law inforcer.   My parents are having second thoughts about me becoming a law inforcer. EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 8:32 pm

My parents are worried about me becoming a law inforcer. My mom has wanted me to become an art teacher. Im am currently attending college to become a techer and my parents are reluctent to help pay for school if i switch majors. They think that a law inforcement job is too risky for me. I understand their concern but I think I can handle the risks. I have wanted to do this for about three years and I dont think that I will change my mind anytime soon. Being a teacher would have its benifits; but I would rather pursue a job that I felt strongly about than take the easy way out. How do I tell my Parents this? Maby if I knew more about the actual job from people who go to work every day I would have a better argument rather than just showing them information I find online.
Thanks for any responses.

Last edited by carlac03 on Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Back to top Go down
MAC

PostSubject: Re: My parents are having second thoughts about me becoming a law inforcer.   My parents are having second thoughts about me becoming a law inforcer. EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 9:01 pm

Not to be rude, but you should work on your spelling and grammar if you want to become a teacher or a law enforcement officer. Both are important jobs. I wish you luck!
Back to top Go down
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: My parents are having second thoughts about me becoming a law inforcer.   My parents are having second thoughts about me becoming a law inforcer. EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 10:27 am

MAC is right, but most people can improve their spelling and grammar skills if they really want to. Plus, spell check is great! Being a police officer is one of the most honorable professions. But, there are more dangerous jobs!
Back to top Go down
WildWill

PostSubject: Re: My parents are having second thoughts about me becoming a law inforcer.   My parents are having second thoughts about me becoming a law inforcer. EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 10:55 am

I have been a police officer for 5 years. I have never been shot at, and have only had to draw my handgun 1 time. Anything can happen anywhere, but the risk increases if you work in an area with a higher crime rate Smile
Back to top Go down
TM

PostSubject: Re: My parents are having second thoughts about me becoming a law inforcer.   My parents are having second thoughts about me becoming a law inforcer. EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 4:38 pm

It's the best job in the world Exclamation Everyday brings something new. The pay and benefits are decent. You have to try to do what makes you happy Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My parents are having second thoughts about me becoming a law inforcer.   My parents are having second thoughts about me becoming a law inforcer. Empty

Back to top Go down

My parents are having second thoughts about me becoming a law inforcer.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-