Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

Well I need Some Serious Help!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
bnevada

Well I need Some Serious Help!! _
PostSubject: Well I need Some Serious Help!!   Well I need Some Serious Help!! EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 1:54 pm

Ok well Im 24 have a full time job about to start police academy with a associates degree in criminal justice. Now starting in 2002 when i was 17 things were a little different first I had got a OUIL plead guilty, then had a car accident which was my fault, a red light ticket, then a speeding ticket all in summer of 2002. Had another speeding ticket in 2006, and nothing since then with 0 points on my record now. But in 2002 My license got suspended twice because of all the points in a short time of 4 months. This all happened basically 7 to 8 years ago. Well now in 2007 i got a uncharacterized discharge from the National Guard 3 weeks into basic training after my father suddenly passed away and i was his sole next of kin, so it was best on the armys part an my own if i were at home. Then in 2008 I got into a arrgument with my girlfriend a 3rd party called the police an i got arrested for misdomener domestic violence, but all charges were dropped an i was not convicted. With all this known do i have a chance at getting hired by a department or have i wasted my time an money?
Back to top Go down
TM

PostSubject: Re: Well I need Some Serious Help!!   Well I need Some Serious Help!! EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 4:36 pm

You still have a chance Exclamation
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Well I need Some Serious Help!!   Well I need Some Serious Help!! EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 5:23 pm

You will have to explain your uncharacterized discharge. It will certainly make your application look not so good. The other area of concern is your arrest for domestic violence. But, since you weren't convicted, you would not be automatically disqualified. The problems with your driving record are probably far enough in the past to not cause too much concern.
Back to top Go down
SWAT

PostSubject: Re: Well I need Some Serious Help!!   Well I need Some Serious Help!! EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 7:37 am

It is possible for you to become an officer. It could be difficult for you though. Police know that many times when someone is arrested for domestic violence, the charges are dropped by the victim. This happens everyday, and many times the defendant is guilty, but the spouse decides not to testify for whatever reason.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Well I need Some Serious Help!!   Well I need Some Serious Help!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Well I need Some Serious Help!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-