Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

I am currently attending college and still plan to get more education but when should I apply for a P.D.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rafe26

I am currently attending college and still plan to get more education but when should I apply for a P.D. _
PostSubject: I am currently attending college and still plan to get more education but when should I apply for a P.D.   I am currently attending college and still plan to get more education but when should I apply for a P.D. EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 2:32 pm

I almost have my first 2 years of college out of the way. I hope to eventually recieving a Bachelor's and Masters degree(Major: Political Science) but, hopefully while I'm a Police Officer. Is this a bad idea? I realize I am more likely to get hired with a higher degree but for me I would love to get my career going sooner rather than later. Is it not a good idea to apply for Police officer jobs while attending college or should I wait until I at least achieve a Bachelor's degree?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

I am currently attending college and still plan to get more education but when should I apply for a P.D. _
PostSubject: Re: I am currently attending college and still plan to get more education but when should I apply for a P.D.   I am currently attending college and still plan to get more education but when should I apply for a P.D. EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 8:53 pm

Welcome Rafe26!

You can attend college while you are a police officer. It can be difficult at times depending on your work schedule, etc. There are many police officers that do it. There are many colleges and universities that offer degree completion programs and/or online classes that might make it easier for you. If possible, I would definitely suggest finishing your four year degree first if possible. The police officer jobs will still be there after you get your four year degree, and they will be easier to get, and you can be more selective about which jobs you apply for. I commend you for attending college.

Become one of first registered users! Our forums are still new, and we are trying to enlist members. It is free and easy to register.

Last edited by Admin on Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.peaceofficerjobs.com/
Greg24

PostSubject: Re: I am currently attending college and still plan to get more education but when should I apply for a P.D.   I am currently attending college and still plan to get more education but when should I apply for a P.D. EmptyMon Oct 06, 2008 7:57 pm

You do it either way. Just do it!
Back to top Go down
JR

PostSubject: Re: I am currently attending college and still plan to get more education but when should I apply for a P.D.   I am currently attending college and still plan to get more education but when should I apply for a P.D. EmptySun Oct 12, 2008 7:08 pm

Finish school first! It's much easier.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I am currently attending college and still plan to get more education but when should I apply for a P.D.   I am currently attending college and still plan to get more education but when should I apply for a P.D. Empty

Back to top Go down

I am currently attending college and still plan to get more education but when should I apply for a P.D.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-