Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

Misdemeanor on my record

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ScottNYC

Misdemeanor on my record _
PostSubject: Misdemeanor on my record   Misdemeanor on my record EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 1:48 am

I have a similar issue as other people that have posted but I know departments disqualify for different types of charges so Ill explain my situation. All my life I wanted to become a police officer. My father was a civi servant as was his father, as well as my great grandfather. I took the police exam when I was 21 years old. However it is a requirement for the NYPD to receive 60 college credits in order to become a police officer, so after taking the exam I started college and accumulating the 60 credits. I have since completed the college requirement however I have some concerns. A few years ago I was pulled over in a car with someone who had pills in their possession. Because nobody admitted it was theres I got swept up in it and was charged with possession in the 7th. Im trying to find out how much of a role this misdemeanor on my record will play in the PO application process.
Back to top Go down
Sarge

PostSubject: Re: Misdemeanor on my record   Misdemeanor on my record EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 10:36 am

As you wrote, it depends on the department. It also depends on whether or not you were convicted. As time passes, your chances of getting hired will likely increase. If the incident or charge doesn't automatically disqualify you with a department, then the rest of your background will also be important. The less red flags, the better!
Back to top Go down
PITT

PostSubject: Re: Misdemeanor on my record   Misdemeanor on my record EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 4:37 pm

Definitely depends on the department!
Back to top Go down
Lt

PostSubject: Re: Misdemeanor on my record   Misdemeanor on my record EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 2:09 pm

If you were convicted, it would play a huge role.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Misdemeanor on my record   Misdemeanor on my record Empty

Back to top Go down

Misdemeanor on my record

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-