Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

does this disqualify me?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
joshc

does this disqualify me? _
PostSubject: does this disqualify me?   does this disqualify me? EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 4:54 am

Hi my name is Josh. I used to be in a police academy in Florida, but due to family issues and the fact that I wasn't sure I was ready maturity wise for this career, I dropped out with 8 weeks to go in a part time academy. I quit without any kind of notice and I do regret quitting. Will this prevent me from ever becoming a police officer? I want to be a cop more than anything.
Back to top Go down
Greg

PostSubject: Re: does this disqualify me?   does this disqualify me? EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 7:32 am

Were you paying to attend the academy or was a department paying for you. Either way, it shouldn't prevent you from ever becoming a police officer. However, if you were paying your tuition, it won't look as bad!
Back to top Go down
Lt

PostSubject: Re: does this disqualify me?   does this disqualify me? EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 10:34 am

It could prevent you from getting hired by some departments, but it won't necessarily prevent you from ever becoming an officer.
Back to top Go down
SWAT

PostSubject: Re: does this disqualify me?   does this disqualify me? EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 10:32 am

It shouldn't.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: does this disqualify me?   does this disqualify me? Empty

Back to top Go down

does this disqualify me?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-