Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

Schools in Southern California

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Adam Z

Schools in Southern California _
PostSubject: Schools in Southern California   Schools in Southern California EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 6:51 pm

Just stumbled across this site today, seems to be full of useful information. I was wondering if anyone had any input on a good school to go to in the Orange County area. Haven't commited to anything yet but thinking of going for an AA in criminal justice to start and then find a job. I'm meeting with a counselor from University of Phoenix on friday but from what i've read they sound kind of iffy. So any input would be greatly appreciated. Schools to avoid? Schools to go to? Also trying to find one with online classes if possible. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Andrew74

PostSubject: Re: Schools in Southern California   Schools in Southern California EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 8:57 pm

If you want an AA in Criminal Justice, most any community college would be fine. You should get a BS. I did. I'm a Penn State graduate. I know Penn State offers a BS in Criminal Justice that you can complete online. I know it is a GOOD degree! Best wishes!
Back to top Go down
SETH

PostSubject: Re: Schools in Southern California   Schools in Southern California EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 12:21 pm

University of Phoenix is not so iffy. It is accredited Exclamation
Back to top Go down
bbhoang

bbhoang

PostSubject: Re: Schools in Southern California   Schools in Southern California EmptyFri Dec 18, 2009 6:14 am

I live in the Orange County area of Southern California, and to be honest, I have not been through any criminal justice programs of any community colleges. However, you can try the Administration of Justice Program at Irvine Valley College or Criminal Justice program at either Orange Coast or Goldenwest college. Be wary that some police agencies like Irvine PD require that you have a Bachelors Degree before applying, so I also agree that it is better to go to a 4-year school. Hope that helps and good luck!
Back to top Go down
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Schools in Southern California   Schools in Southern California EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 1:29 pm

I did the University of Phoenix thing for almost a year. It wasn't for me. I ended up going to a community college for another year and then a 4 year school to finish my bachelor degree. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sarge

PostSubject: Re: Schools in Southern California   Schools in Southern California EmptyThu Dec 24, 2009 7:53 am

Just make sure that the college you attend is properly accredited, and then learn as much as you can, and get the best grades that you can. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: Schools in Southern California   Schools in Southern California EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 2:36 pm

I know a couple of people that have taken classes through the University of Phoenix. I haven't heard any complaints from them!
Back to top Go down
Adam Z

PostSubject: Re: Schools in Southern California   Schools in Southern California EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 6:58 pm

Well thanks for all the good info....i start next month!
Back to top Go down
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Schools in Southern California   Schools in Southern California EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 8:17 pm

Where did you choose?
Back to top Go down
Adam Z

PostSubject: Re: Schools in Southern California   Schools in Southern California EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 2:44 am

Went with the University of Phoenix. Gives me a chance to work full time since money is kind of tight. So far its looking like a good choice.
Back to top Go down
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Schools in Southern California   Schools in Southern California EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 11:15 am

Good luck! Make sure to do the work! Let us know how you like it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Schools in Southern California   Schools in Southern California Empty

Back to top Go down

Schools in Southern California

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-