Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

question about college

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
lynchpin

question about college _
PostSubject: question about college   question about college EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 12:32 am

I'm interested in becoming a law enforcement officer, but eventually i want to be a detective. i know i would need a BA in criminal justice or something like that in order to be considered, along with several years experience as a patrol officer. So my question is, would it be better to graduate college prior to applying for the police or would i have ample time for school if i become a cop first? I was thinking the latter simply because i could be getting street experience at the same time as my degree... thanks for the help.
Back to top Go down
Jenn

question about college _
PostSubject: Re: question about college   question about college EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 10:37 am

If you are lucky enough to get hired without any college, and are disciplined enough to still get a degree after you are hired, then either way would be fine. The problem is that once people get a full-time job, they often don't go back to or continue school!
Back to top Go down
Sarge

question about college _
PostSubject: Re: question about college   question about college EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 12:59 pm

Finish college first!
Back to top Go down

question about college _
PostSubject: Re: question about college   question about college EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 4:24 pm

Starting work sound more fun, but I agree that you should finish college first if you can. I started working before I finished my degree. That was ten years ago, and I still haven't finished.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

question about college _
PostSubject: Re: question about college   question about college Empty

Back to top Go down

question about college

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-