Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

the polygraph

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jclark

the polygraph _
PostSubject: the polygraph   the polygraph EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 6:40 pm

Thanks for answering my other question.. Now I have one more. If you have committed a crime but was never caught for it, does it come up in a polygraph? What I mean is, If I say, stole something and got away with it, do they ask if I have committed any crimes when they administer the polygraph?
Back to top Go down
Ben

the polygraph _
PostSubject: Re: the polygraph   the polygraph EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 11:17 pm

Before the test, you would be asked if you have ever stolen anything. If you answer yes, you would be asked to provide specific details such as how many times you stole, when you stole, and what you stole. Then, during the test, you would be asked something like "Have you ever stolen anything other than what we've discussed?" or "Are there any other times that you have stolen something that you haven't told me about?". If you are trying to omit something, most often your test will be interpreted as inconclusive or deceptive. Either way, you you likely won't pass!
Back to top Go down

the polygraph _
PostSubject: Re: the polygraph   the polygraph EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 11:47 am

Be honest. The poly eliminates many people that try to hide information. It's better to be honest, and let the chips fall where they may.
Back to top Go down
JAMES

the polygraph _
PostSubject: Re: the polygraph   the polygraph EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 9:49 pm

You should just admit to having stolen something, express regret for having done so, and hope that you're not disqualified Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

the polygraph _
PostSubject: Re: the polygraph   the polygraph Empty

Back to top Go down

the polygraph

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-