Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

Help planning my road to becoming a Police Officer.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rob16

Rob16

Help planning my road to becoming a Police Officer. _
PostSubject: Help planning my road to becoming a Police Officer.   Help planning my road to becoming a Police Officer. EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 4:44 am

Hi my name is Robert I'm 17 years old, and a senior in high school, and I am currently taking the following classes: Psychology, Forensics, Sociology, and criminal justice, they are all college prep. I have always been interested in becoming a Police Officer ever since i was little. After High school i plan on going to a community College here in San Bernardino, CA. to get my Bachelors in criminal justice. I have no felony's or misdemeanors. The things that I would like help with has to due with the Academy.

-How can i get sponserd by a police department in CA?

-If i were a security guard for a few years would that look good when applying for a department?

-Would departments look at your high school transcripts or focus only on college transcripts?

Thanks in advance. Any other info would be greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Sarge

PostSubject: Re: Help planning my road to becoming a Police Officer.   Help planning my road to becoming a Police Officer. EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 2:19 pm

Sounds like you are doing well!

I'm not certain how to get sponsored in California. Have you considered taking the California Highway Patrol Exam when you're old enough?

Having been a security guard for a few years could look good. More importantly I think is that you are a good employee for a few years. If it is as a security guard, great. Be professional, know your role, and get along well with others.

Departments might look at your high school transcripts, but they would be more concerned with how you did in college.

Good luck! Keep us posted!
Back to top Go down
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Help planning my road to becoming a Police Officer.   Help planning my road to becoming a Police Officer. EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 2:28 pm

I don't think my PD checked my high school records other than whether I graduated Exclamation I was older when I was hired though Smile
Back to top Go down
LongJump

PostSubject: Re: Help planning my road to becoming a Police Officer.   Help planning my road to becoming a Police Officer. EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 10:27 pm

Being a security guard can be VERY boring. I know from experience! It can look good on applications though!
Back to top Go down
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: Help planning my road to becoming a Police Officer.   Help planning my road to becoming a Police Officer. EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 8:03 pm

Try to do some type of stadium or event security work. It's not as boring.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help planning my road to becoming a Police Officer.   Help planning my road to becoming a Police Officer. Empty

Back to top Go down

Help planning my road to becoming a Police Officer.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-