Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

How much would Military Experience count toward getting hired by a local department?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rob16

Rob16

How much would Military Experience count toward getting hired by a local department? _
PostSubject: How much would Military Experience count toward getting hired by a local department?   How much would Military Experience count toward getting hired by a local department? EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 6:54 pm

I have no clue on what i should do go to school for 4 years or join the Army MP for 2-3 years and once i hit 21 apply at my local police department, Its tough i dont have alot of money to go to a 4 year university, and i dont want to be in debt with student loans. On the other hand Im kind of worried about the military its a serious decision i talked to my parents about the military and they werent happy about that. So im kind stuck on what i should do. Any advice.

Do i have a better chance of getting hired with Military Experiance or a Bachelors in Crinminal Justice?
Back to top Go down
DanJS

How much would Military Experience count toward getting hired by a local department? _
PostSubject: Re: How much would Military Experience count toward getting hired by a local department?   How much would Military Experience count toward getting hired by a local department? EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 10:27 pm

A local PD in my county was hiring 1 officer. I scored #1 on the written test, but didn't get the job because the guy that scored #3 had military points. Military experience definitely helps!
Back to top Go down
Sarge

PostSubject: Re: How much would Military Experience count toward getting hired by a local department?   How much would Military Experience count toward getting hired by a local department? EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 1:14 pm

Getting a 4 year degree would be excellent! However, there is certainly nothing wrong with going to a community college, and getting a 2 year degree. You could finish a 4 year degree later. Just be committed to doing it! Joining the Army is another great choice. Even if you join the Army, you should get a degree! You should be able to get money for college by joining the Army. You could join the Army, then go to college after you get out. And you can probably take some classes while you are serving. I would certainly not make a choice between joining the Army and going to college. You should get at least a 2 year degree whether you join the Army or not. If you can go to college without joining the Army, you should definitely be able to do so if you join, whether you can take classes while serving, when you get out, or both! Keep us posted!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How much would Military Experience count toward getting hired by a local department?   How much would Military Experience count toward getting hired by a local department? Empty

Back to top Go down

How much would Military Experience count toward getting hired by a local department?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-