Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

will this stop me from becoming a police officer

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
cody

will this stop me from becoming a police officer _
PostSubject: will this stop me from becoming a police officer   will this stop me from becoming a police officer EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 2:54 pm

I'm 17 and I want to be a police officer, but about 8 months ago I was caught growing pot plants, I went to court and pleaded no contest or somthing like that, and I went through a program and the charge was dismissed it was a 3rd degree feloney manufactored of a controlled substance.

Now i have no education but right now im going to school to get my ged and I wanna go to college and get a aa degree in criminal justice to be a cop but I dont want to get a degree that serves no purporse!
Back to top Go down
Peanut

PostSubject: Re: will this stop me from becoming a police officer   will this stop me from becoming a police officer EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 9:16 pm

If you stay clean and out of trouble, you should be good down the road.
Back to top Go down
Sarge

PostSubject: Re: will this stop me from becoming a police officer   will this stop me from becoming a police officer EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 11:38 pm

It's not going to look good, but it is good that the charge was dismissed. If you do the best that you can to make yourself a desirable candidate, you can still become a police officer eventually. Get your GED, and get a college degree. Get a 4 year degree if you can. Get a good GPA. You don't need a degree in criminal justice to become a police officer. If there is another field that you are also interested in, consider a major in that field. That way you don't have to worry. There are many good majors for police officers! However, the most important thing that you can do is to refrain from any illegal activity!
Back to top Go down
cody

PostSubject: Re: will this stop me from becoming a police officer   will this stop me from becoming a police officer EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 12:41 pm

thanks now im thinking bout trying to become a mp for 2 years for some exp and do college while im doin that
Back to top Go down
Sarge

PostSubject: Re: will this stop me from becoming a police officer   will this stop me from becoming a police officer EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 3:53 pm

Serving in the military would be an excellent decision. Definitely get a degree also!
Back to top Go down
Lt

PostSubject: Re: will this stop me from becoming a police officer   will this stop me from becoming a police officer EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 5:06 pm

Drug policies vary. My department wouldn't hire you for a very long time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: will this stop me from becoming a police officer   will this stop me from becoming a police officer Empty

Back to top Go down

will this stop me from becoming a police officer

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-