Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

What degree should i have when applying for a Department?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rob16

Rob16

What degree should i have when applying for a Department? _
PostSubject: What degree should i have when applying for a Department?   What degree should i have when applying for a Department? EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 2:17 am

Which of these two degrees would give me a greater shot of being hired? A Bachelors in Criminal Justice or Sociology?

The reason i put sociology was because you deal with people and the study of human behavior, and i know when your an officer you have to study behavior of certain individuals. So what degree is the best choice?
Back to top Go down
Sarge

PostSubject: Re: What degree should i have when applying for a Department?   What degree should i have when applying for a Department? EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 12:27 pm

Both degrees would be good. Although neither would be my first choice.
Back to top Go down
MikeS

PostSubject: Re: What degree should i have when applying for a Department?   What degree should i have when applying for a Department? EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 8:20 pm

Major in one and minor in the other.
Back to top Go down
Rob16

Rob16

PostSubject: Re: What degree should i have when applying for a Department?   What degree should i have when applying for a Department? EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 11:51 pm

What would your first choice then?
Back to top Go down
Sarge

PostSubject: Re: What degree should i have when applying for a Department?   What degree should i have when applying for a Department? EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 2:35 pm

If I were to do it over again, I would major in information technology or computer science.
Back to top Go down
Rob16

Rob16

PostSubject: Re: What degree should i have when applying for a Department?   What degree should i have when applying for a Department? EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 9:16 pm

Now are you sure those are degrees that are looked highly on in the police force?
Back to top Go down
Sarge

PostSubject: Re: What degree should i have when applying for a Department?   What degree should i have when applying for a Department? EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 2:41 pm

Yes, in my personal and professional opinion. It will definitely benefit you (especially if you are at all interested in or good with computers). Use of computers for crime and investigations is becoming more and more common.
Back to top Go down
Doug75

PostSubject: Re: What degree should i have when applying for a Department?   What degree should i have when applying for a Department? EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 2:43 pm

Go with whatever degree you are most interested in. A computer degree would be better in the long run!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What degree should i have when applying for a Department?   What degree should i have when applying for a Department? Empty

Back to top Go down

What degree should i have when applying for a Department?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-