Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

Back ground Questions?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
wanabacop

Back ground Questions? _
PostSubject: Back ground Questions?   Back ground Questions? EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 12:52 am

Hello I am 25 and I currently have a great job that is coming to and end due to the project being completed. I have worked there for four years and have recieved three job raises in four years. And I am now currently in one of the highest Ranked jobs available at my company, all due to great performance. I have a good job history even before my current job and I consider my self a hard, honest and dedicated worker. I have a wonderfull family and lead a very pruductive life.and now I am whanting to persue the carrier I have always dreamed of wich is law enforcement.
so here is my Question. Before I decided to grow up, stop being stupid and get married I had a few problems. All of my pre teen life I lead a typical life no problems or issues at all. but around my 12th grade year I started to party a little bit. I drank under age, smoked pot, and used tabacco I never had any problems with the law with any of these things but I was under age. then when I was around eighteen or nineteen I cant really remember because it seems like light years ago from who i am now. but anyways I was arrested on false accusations of rape and the girl it was happened to be the daughter of a very high official in the police dept. I was held in jail for four days when they booked me they told me what they where charging me for wich was first degree felony rape. but I never saw a judg never talked to an attorny nothing they just held me in there with no evidence at all just a very angry father that had the power to do so. so after the four days they just kicked me out on the street they didnt tell me anything nothing at all not if i was charged not if it was all over with nothing at all. later i found out that she admitted she lied and that her father new this the first day I was in jail but he wanted to punish me anyways.
so other than that i have never had an issue with the law not at all I am an upstanding citizen I am sumwhat considered a prominint person in my community and have grown so very much sense those days.

so what do you think my chances of becoming a police officer are?

thanks! any feedback will help
Back to top Go down
Peanut

Back ground Questions? _
PostSubject: Re: Back ground Questions?   Back ground Questions? EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 11:51 am

Sounds like you have a decent chance of becoming an officer.
Back to top Go down
Sal

Back ground Questions? _
PostSubject: Re: Back ground Questions?   Back ground Questions? EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 3:39 pm

If it was clear the rape allegation was false, you should be okay. Some police departments will disqualify you if you've used marijuana too many times. The rest of your information sounds good.
Back to top Go down
Hammer

Back ground Questions? _
PostSubject: Re: Back ground Questions?   Back ground Questions? EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 7:40 pm

Your chances of becoming a police officer are 50/50. Either you will or you won't. Laughing

I agree with Sal.
Back to top Go down
Sarge

Back ground Questions? _
PostSubject: Re: Back ground Questions?   Back ground Questions? EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 8:29 pm

Based on what you wrote, you could still become a police officer. However, you will certainly have a red flag or two to overcome. Whether or not you will be able to become a police officer depends on many things. For example, if you've used marijuana too many times, even as a juvenile, some departments won't hire you. If you want to become a police officer, you will have to remember many details of your past such as when you were arrested, dates of tickets, how many times you've used drugs, if you've ever stolen anything, etc. So if you want to apply with some police departments, you should start gathering that information as soon as possible. You sound like you have a good work history. Keep it up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Back ground Questions? _
PostSubject: Re: Back ground Questions?   Back ground Questions? Empty

Back to top Go down

Back ground Questions?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-