Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

Serious About Becoming A Police Officer..Help.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bill45

Serious About Becoming A Police Officer..Help. _
PostSubject: Serious About Becoming A Police Officer..Help.   Serious About Becoming A Police Officer..Help. EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 1:37 pm

Im 17 and I'm really passionate on becoming an officer. Im 17 and i graduate out of high school next may.

I just need someone to put me on the right path after school to pursure my dream.
Either I join the army or go to college but degree in what?

Also im hispanic, 5'11, and weigh 145 lbs. Im slim but i can work on that. Im very athletic
Ive never been aressted or anything bad like that..so i believe that i can get a job..but i just need to know what to do..

any feedback would help greatly.
Back to top Go down
Sarge

PostSubject: Re: Serious About Becoming A Police Officer..Help.   Serious About Becoming A Police Officer..Help. EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 7:46 pm

For some police departments, you don't need college or military experience to get hired. However, you should attend college and earn a degree. Any college would be okay. Just make sure that it is accredited. There are several good majors to choose from if you want to become a police officer. Of course, criminal justice is a good major. Sociology, information systems technology, and business are some examples of other good degrees to pursue. Do your best to earn a high GPA. Get involved in some other things like school clubs or sports. Doing volunteer work looks good on applications. Don't do anything that you wouldn't want a police department to find out about during your background investigation. Keep fit, and work to add some muscle. If your background is good, and you have a degree and military experience, you will be in an even better position to become a police officer. Be certain that joining the military is something that you truly want to do before you do it. It is a big decision. Good luck! Keep us posted!
Back to top Go down
SWAT

PostSubject: Re: Serious About Becoming A Police Officer..Help.   Serious About Becoming A Police Officer..Help. EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 12:06 am

Go to college!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Serious About Becoming A Police Officer..Help.   Serious About Becoming A Police Officer..Help. Empty

Back to top Go down

Serious About Becoming A Police Officer..Help.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-