Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

Question about piracy and becoming a Police Officer.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
adobio

Question about piracy and becoming a Police Officer. _
PostSubject: Question about piracy and becoming a Police Officer.   Question about piracy and becoming a Police Officer. EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 5:34 pm

I'm interested in becoming a Police Officer and have a clean background (minus one speeding ticket). Good credit score and the right intentions but I know your asked about stealing and i've done my share of downloading music/movies illegally. Im curious how this is viewed during the interviewing process? I have no issues being honest about it just curious if this would somehow keep me from being a Police Officer.
Back to top Go down
Sarge

PostSubject: Re: Question about piracy and becoming a Police Officer.   Question about piracy and becoming a Police Officer. EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 5:06 am

Hopefully you've discontinued the illegal downloading! Stealing is stealing, and it will be considered. How many times you've done so and when the last time you've done so would likely be considered. Stealing is stealing, but with that being said, having downloaded music illegally is probably not looked upon as bad as some other types of theft.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question about piracy and becoming a Police Officer.   Question about piracy and becoming a Police Officer. EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 4:02 am

If it wasn't too recent I wouldn't sweat it too much. But if it came down to you and someone else with the same qualifications otherwise, you might not get the job. Right to be honest about it though.
Back to top Go down
adobio

PostSubject: Re: Question about piracy and becoming a Police Officer.   Question about piracy and becoming a Police Officer. EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 6:54 am

If it was a year before applying for a job would that be to recent? Like I said im "clean" otherwise, good credit, small debt, live on my own, never been fired or had a manager that didnt like me, never even seen hardcore drugs or did underage drinking. This is my one mistake.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question about piracy and becoming a Police Officer.   Question about piracy and becoming a Police Officer. EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 8:14 am

A year isn't very long. If you are asked if you have ever stolen anything, and you tell them yes. They will ask you "what have you stolen?". You would say "I downloaded music illegally.". They might ask, "How many times have yo u done this?". If you say "About 50 times.". Or, if you say, "Too many times to have kept track.". And they ask you, "When was the last time you did this?". And you say "About a year ago". You probably won't be hired. You would have a better chance at a later date. Submit your applications though. That way you will know.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question about piracy and becoming a Police Officer.   Question about piracy and becoming a Police Officer. Empty

Back to top Go down

Question about piracy and becoming a Police Officer.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-