Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

what major should I choose?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MattP

what major should I choose? _
PostSubject: what major should I choose?   what major should I choose? EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 6:02 pm

I want to become a police officer. I am going to college next year and cant decide between two majors. Would criminal justice or applied psychology be better? I can't decide. I want to eventually become a detective.
Back to top Go down
Sarge

PostSubject: Re: what major should I choose?   what major should I choose? EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 9:59 am

If you can, majoring in applied psychology and minoring in criminal justice would be a good idea.
Back to top Go down
Randy

PostSubject: Re: what major should I choose?   what major should I choose? EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 4:36 pm

Yeah, go with the applied psych. It will give you more options!
Back to top Go down
BigDaddy

PostSubject: Re: what major should I choose?   what major should I choose? EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 10:36 pm

I would also say applied psychology, but if you are more interested in criminal justice, you might do better as far as your grades go.
Back to top Go down
LisaR

PostSubject: Re: what major should I choose?   what major should I choose? EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 4:17 pm

I had almost the same dilemma about a year ago. I was trying to choose between criminal justice and sociology. Most everyone said go with the sociology degree. I did. Now I'm thinking about picking up criminal justice as a minor Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what major should I choose?   what major should I choose? Empty

Back to top Go down

what major should I choose?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-