Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

I want to be an FBI agent (CID: investigate crimes)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
igmaniii

I want to be an FBI agent (CID: investigate crimes) _
PostSubject: I want to be an FBI agent (CID: investigate crimes)   I want to be an FBI agent (CID: investigate crimes) EmptySun Oct 19, 2008 12:02 am

I really want to be an FBI agent. Like investgating crimes. What should I major in or what woulod be a good idea. I am a senior and am really lookng into following in my father and grand fathers footsteps. My father was a Army CID agent for twenty years getting up to a CW3. My grandfather was in the army (maybe CIA later on) and he worked on nuclear missiles and missile bases was also stationed in poland for some tim. Back to my main point what should I major in in college. I have already been accepted to three colleges. I want to either major in one of the following majors

Mathematics major- minor in criminal justice- minor in psycology
Double major criminal justce and psycology - minor in korean and maybe international studies
Any thing else

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I know what I want to be, just not how to get there exactly.

I am a black belt in tae kwon do and want to continue martial arts during college. Would that help me as well.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I want to be an FBI agent (CID: investigate crimes)   I want to be an FBI agent (CID: investigate crimes) EmptySun Oct 19, 2008 9:54 am

igmaniii,

Thank you four joining our forums. Our forums are new, and we welcome you and anyone else that has an interest in law enforcement.

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) has five Special Agent Entry Programs. You must first qualify for one of them to become an agent. I have cut and pasted two of their entry program descriptions from their website that might interest you. They are below.

Language
To qualify under the Language Program, you must have a BS or BA degree in any discipline and be proficient in a language that meets the needs of the FBI. Current qualifying languages include Arabic, Chinese (all dialects), Farsi, Hebrew, Hindi, Japanese, Korean, Pashtu, Punjabi, Russian, Spanish, Urdu and Vietnamese. Candidates must pass both the listening and reading portions of the Defense Language Proficiency Test (DLPT) and demonstrate a proficiency of three or higher on the Speaking Proficiency Test (SPT) in a critical foreign language.

Diversified
To qualify under the Diversified Program, you must have a BS or BA degree in any discipline, plus three years of full-time work experience, or an advanced degree accompanied by two years of full-time work experience.

There are many ways you could qualify for one of these programs. If you are proficient in Korean, then you could choose whatever major you wanted to. All of your choices would be good ones. If you are not proficient in Korean, but could become proficient in a few years, doing so would also be something to consider.

I have been told that the Diversified Program is a bit more competitive because more people often qualify for it. Another one of the FBI's Special Agent Entry Programs is Computer Science/Information Technology. If you enjoy working with computers, I would suggest considering that as well. Depending on the program, you may only need a four year degree. However, if you enjoy school, and can do so, I would highly recommend earning a masters degree. Make sure that you earn the highest GPA that you can. Being physically fit is very important. Being skilled in a martial art such as Taekwondo could certainly be a plus. I would continue with it if you enjoy it. Thank you for joining our forums. Feel free to ask or answer any question and interact via our forums at your leisure. Good luck! Keep us posted.

Last edited by Admin on Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.peaceofficerjobs.com/
Bill27

PostSubject: Re: I want to be an FBI agent (CID: investigate crimes)   I want to be an FBI agent (CID: investigate crimes) EmptyTue Oct 21, 2008 11:22 am

The FBI wants the best of the best! If you are fluent in a foreign language, that is a big plus. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
SIM

PostSubject: Fbi   I want to be an FBI agent (CID: investigate crimes) EmptyFri Dec 19, 2008 11:41 pm

Go to the fbi.gov and read the requirements. Work on them for a few years and stay away from bad company / drugs. Learn one of the languages mentioned in the list. Join a local PD for field work exp. And final try your luck.
Back to top Go down
Sarge

PostSubject: Re: I want to be an FBI agent (CID: investigate crimes)   I want to be an FBI agent (CID: investigate crimes) EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 12:17 am

Good advice SIM Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I want to be an FBI agent (CID: investigate crimes)   I want to be an FBI agent (CID: investigate crimes) Empty

Back to top Go down

I want to be an FBI agent (CID: investigate crimes)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-