Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

Do you think i can become an officer?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Evan

Do you think i can become an officer? _
PostSubject: Do you think i can become an officer?   Do you think i can become an officer? EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 5:14 pm

I am a 22 y/o male. I have wanted to be a police officer for as long as I can remember. I got a DUI when I was 18. No accident or anything, and I was just barely over the limit. Can I still become a police officer?
Back to top Go down
HighStre

PostSubject: Re: Do you think i can become an officer?   Do you think i can become an officer? EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 8:29 pm

You can still become a police officer. It will be more difficult for you than if you had not gotten a DUI. There's much competition right now because the economy is bad!
Back to top Go down
BROWARD

PostSubject: Re: Do you think i can become an officer?   Do you think i can become an officer? EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 12:33 am

Yeah, you can still become a police officer, but you might need to have something up on the others that don't have a DUI on their record - like ace a test or have military.
Back to top Go down
DAVE

PostSubject: Re: Do you think i can become an officer?   Do you think i can become an officer? EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 3:14 pm

It depends on what police department you try to get hired with. The department I work for wouldn't hire you. We get a ton of applicants when we're trying to hire a new police officer. Most don't have a DUI on their record!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you think i can become an officer?   Do you think i can become an officer? Empty

Back to top Go down

Do you think i can become an officer?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-