Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

What should I go for in college?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jess

What should I go for in college? _
PostSubject: What should I go for in college?   What should I go for in college? EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 4:44 pm

I'm almost 17 and think i want to be a police officer. I also think it would be neat to be like a natural resources officer or park ranger. I was thinking about going to college for criminal justice, but I am also very good at art and kind of want to go to college for that. What do you think? Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sarge

PostSubject: Re: What should I go for in college?   What should I go for in college? EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 2:54 am

If you want to become a police officer or a park ranger, criminal justice would be better than art. Some other good majors for you might be biology, environmental sciences, or public administration. Let us know what you choose.
Back to top Go down
Annie

PostSubject: Re: What should I go for in college?   What should I go for in college? EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 9:42 am

Natural Resources Management would be a good degree if you definitely want to be a park ranger. Communications is a good degree for park rangers or police officers Smile
Back to top Go down
PSOD

PostSubject: Re: What should I go for in college?   What should I go for in college? EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 2:09 pm

I always tell people that they should major in criminal justice and minor in something else that they could use someday (either during or after their law enforcement officer career). If you don't choose a minor, just take a bunch of classes in another area while you're getting your criminal justice degree. I majored in criminal justice and took a bunch of photography classes too. I was already interested in photography. Now I'm the guy other officers call in my department to take photographs at scenes of serious crimes or traffic accidents (I also take the picture for our department's Christmas cards Laughing ). Some people will tell you that you shouldn't get a criminal justice degree, but if you want to work in law enforcement or security, it is a good degree. Just minor in something else that can give you an area of expertise and something to supplement your income or to do after you retire Exclamation
Back to top Go down
County11

PostSubject: Re: What should I go for in college?   What should I go for in college? EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 10:40 pm

I used to be a state park ranger. We weren't very busy. I wanted more action so I became a county officer. I have a associate degree in criminal justice. Criminal justice is always a safe bet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What should I go for in college?   What should I go for in college? Empty

Back to top Go down

What should I go for in college?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-