Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

I REALLY WISH TO BECOME A POLICE OFFICER, BUT WHEN I WAS YOUNG I SUED A LOT OF PEOPLE AND PAST WORKPLACES

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Adi

I REALLY WISH TO BECOME A POLICE OFFICER, BUT WHEN I WAS YOUNG I SUED A LOT OF PEOPLE AND PAST WORKPLACES _
PostSubject: I REALLY WISH TO BECOME A POLICE OFFICER, BUT WHEN I WAS YOUNG I SUED A LOT OF PEOPLE AND PAST WORKPLACES   I REALLY WISH TO BECOME A POLICE OFFICER, BUT WHEN I WAS YOUNG I SUED A LOT OF PEOPLE AND PAST WORKPLACES EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 2:41 am

I always wanted to become a Police Officer, however while growing up and being introduced in the work place environment, i was repeatedly ripped off where breached of verbal and written contractual agreements commonly occurred and i was not issued what i was promised, therefore i took civil action and sued for what was rightfully mine. I've also sued people in the past for assaults and damage to my property they caused , along with emotional distress after I charged them criminally by means of private information. I have also filed restraining orders against those who assaulted me. I have been working security for about 2 1/2 years now but does any of the above conduct disqualify me from becoming a Police Officer, due to the fact i now have my doubts since I put my application in to apply to the Police as a Peace Officer, they rejected my security clearance and i am unsure why.
I have perfect credit with payments always on time, i have gotten tickets (parking, photo radar and moving violations) however they were all taken to court and thrown out with no points on my abstract. In total I have charged through private informations ... lets see
two individuals with assault, mischief to property under 5000 and uttering threats.
two more individuals with assault, uttering threats, assault with weapons causing bodily harm
one individual with breach of restraining order and civil contempt of court

Only thing which stands out is that I have been arrested and charged when i was 18 because someone falsely accused me of threatening them with a false witness, and after the charge was withdrawn, i then sued the person who falsely accused me. I also paid for a pardon file destruction which completely erased everything off CPIC (Canadian Police Information Center) yet the local police still retain the police report in their file which has a retention period of 25 years for non serious criminal offenses.
I have my high school diploma and 2 years of post secondary in accounting.

Can anyone here tell me if there is anything that may hold me back in regards to the civil actions i took upon people who have wrong me in the past?
Back to top Go down
Mary

I REALLY WISH TO BECOME A POLICE OFFICER, BUT WHEN I WAS YOUNG I SUED A LOT OF PEOPLE AND PAST WORKPLACES _
PostSubject: Re: I REALLY WISH TO BECOME A POLICE OFFICER, BUT WHEN I WAS YOUNG I SUED A LOT OF PEOPLE AND PAST WORKPLACES   I REALLY WISH TO BECOME A POLICE OFFICER, BUT WHEN I WAS YOUNG I SUED A LOT OF PEOPLE AND PAST WORKPLACES EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 11:16 am

I don't think the civil actions you took would technically hold you back, but it seems that you've been in situations that might cause some concerns. Many people don't have these issues. Therefore, there are probably candidates that are easier to hire.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I REALLY WISH TO BECOME A POLICE OFFICER, BUT WHEN I WAS YOUNG I SUED A LOT OF PEOPLE AND PAST WORKPLACES   I REALLY WISH TO BECOME A POLICE OFFICER, BUT WHEN I WAS YOUNG I SUED A LOT OF PEOPLE AND PAST WORKPLACES EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 1:29 pm

None of these things should adversely affect you.
Back to top Go down
Realtor670

PostSubject: Re: I REALLY WISH TO BECOME A POLICE OFFICER, BUT WHEN I WAS YOUNG I SUED A LOT OF PEOPLE AND PAST WORKPLACES   I REALLY WISH TO BECOME A POLICE OFFICER, BUT WHEN I WAS YOUNG I SUED A LOT OF PEOPLE AND PAST WORKPLACES EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 12:21 am

You're the perfect candidate.

Cops are known for being ridiculous about minor things and arresting people for stupid reasons.
Back to top Go down
SWAT

PostSubject: Re: I REALLY WISH TO BECOME A POLICE OFFICER, BUT WHEN I WAS YOUNG I SUED A LOT OF PEOPLE AND PAST WORKPLACES   I REALLY WISH TO BECOME A POLICE OFFICER, BUT WHEN I WAS YOUNG I SUED A LOT OF PEOPLE AND PAST WORKPLACES EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 10:41 am

Realtor670,

I'm not trying to be rude, but it seems as though you were not selected to be a police officer by one or more departments, and are bitter about it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I REALLY WISH TO BECOME A POLICE OFFICER, BUT WHEN I WAS YOUNG I SUED A LOT OF PEOPLE AND PAST WORKPLACES   I REALLY WISH TO BECOME A POLICE OFFICER, BUT WHEN I WAS YOUNG I SUED A LOT OF PEOPLE AND PAST WORKPLACES Empty

Back to top Go down

I REALLY WISH TO BECOME A POLICE OFFICER, BUT WHEN I WAS YOUNG I SUED A LOT OF PEOPLE AND PAST WORKPLACES

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-